• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Clancy's vet visit

BarbMazz

Clancy visited the vet today for his rabies shot, which was given in his rear end. He was very well-behaved and gave the vet lots of kisses in exchange for a couple of liver treats. He weighed in at 13lbs 10oz. She loved his wacky, curly coat!

I made his appointment to be neutered, too, and that will happen on Friday, March 16th. He will have his many remaining baby teeth removed at that time. He still has EIGHT canines :yikes and five extra baby teeth on the top in the front. I was going to wait to neuter him 'til he was older, but the vet wants to get those extra teeth out. I don't want to anesthetize him twice when once will do. He's seven months old now, so I think it's okay to neuter.

Any idea on the costs of getting those teeth out? Do our doggy insurances cover that? I have Pet Care.

My Wesley said:
Any idea on the costs of getting those teeth out? Do our doggy insurances cover that? I have Pet Care.

Good question! I have Pet Plan insurance. I've just emailed them to ask if the extractions will be covered. I know the neuter is not as routine care is not covered. I'll let you know what they tell me.

BarbMazz said:
My Wesley said:

Good question! I have Pet Plan insurance. I've just emailed them to ask if the extractions will be covered. I know the neuter is not as routine care is not covered. I'll let you know what they tell me.

I just heard from my PetPlan insurance rep, and they will cover the cost to remove Clancy's remaining baby teeth. My vet said she'll charge less than $25us to remove them, so it's not a big deal either way. It is nice to know it will be covered though.

That's great news Barb. I was excited to get my first check from them last week for $150.00 for when Lily was having some gastro problems.

Wow, that's a lot of baby teeth! That's a good idea to have everything done at once so he only undergoes anesthesia one time. :)

Back