• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cara and Minnie

Claire L

Cara Mia and Minnie Moo.

Everybody has been very supportive of us in our New Adventure. Our sincere thanks go to all of you, who have shown such a keen interest in our girls. This is a little progress report on the two reprobates:

Health. They are in great nick – the vet checked them both yesterday. They have lovely shiny coats and are very lively (particularly when food is in the offing). Minnie is 6.8kg
(15 lb) and Cara is 8.6 kg (19 lb). Cara is not clinically overweight (the vet says she is within healthy limits, given her larger frame), but I feel she could do with a little further slimming down. She is less energetic than Minnie and is inclined to wolf her food. Tight food control is called for. The Vet also detected a slight heart murmur but we’ll keep a tight watch on her.

Relationships. They get on together like a house on fire. There have been no dust-ups and they sleep and walk happily together. Cara is top dog and Minnie often licks her to reinforce this point. Cara occasionally pushes Minnie aside when we are having cuddles, but they both manage to cope very well. They are very sociable – with both neighbours and other dogs.

Food and diet. We limit them to 1/3 cup of kibble each at breakfast time and again at teatime. For variety, we often reduce the evening feed and supplement it with a little fish.
Both of them love raw carrot and turnip as a treat (and of course Pizzle sticks).
They perform a mini version of Riverdance, when the food is being prepared.
It is a real pleasure to feed such appreciative doggies. Their noses are incredibly sensitive – chicken carcasses have to be disposed of immediately or the pedal bin would be knocked over in no time at all. We can’t let them sniff around the garden for too long at present. The weather has been so wet that slugs and snails are common – the girls would consider them the ultimate delicacy.

Behaviour. They are very easy to handle. They now respond to their names, when called. They are safe to let off the lead on beach walks and do not stray far from me. Minnie is an absolute treat to watch in action – she skips around and squeals like a rabbit. It appears to us that she never had this sort of freedom before. She fetches sticks and toys. We have not succeeded in getting Cara interested in this pursuit, so far. We will try tempting and rewarding her with treats on future walks. At home, their new-found confidence has a down-side. We have to deny them access to the bathrooms and computer room, when we are not present. Otherwise, soap, paper, bits of plastic or any other interesting object will be stolen and chewed. Only yesterday, we found a coaster (that had been in the lounge) behind a bed. They are both shareholders in this enterprise.

Conclusion. They have mended our broken hearts – we will never forget our Rudeepoohs :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv: , but these spanners now consume all the oxygen around here and demand constant attention. Even after a short few weeks, I cannot imagine the house without them. We are already planning to take them on long day trips (when this accursed winter ends). Another bonus – they are great in the car. As soon as the wheels start to turn, they settle down and get a good kip.

:flwr: :hug:

Claire, thats such great news. I'm so glad everything worked out for you.

I know its so difficult when you lose a dog but when new bundles of joy come into your life you could never imagine your life without them - we were in exactly the same position as you and Molly + Bella have brought such happiness to everyone they meet, they are such characters! (Even Honey quite likes them now :lol:)

I also know what you're talking about with Minnie on the beach, the first time we took Molly to the beach she was so happy and excited I thought she would explode! She does a figure of 8 run :lol:

Now not alone do Minnie and Cara have you but they have each other also - what a happy ending :flwr:

{{{{{{{{Claire}}}}}}}} I'll bet that Rudeepoohs is watching over you all and smiling. I also wouldn't mind betting that she had an angelic paw or two in sending those furry little munchkins to you both too ;)

Really glad that they have both settled in so well and no spats either, wow you're doing exceptionally well :flwr:

Keep us updated and more pics of them both please :D I love the fact that they are doing things together, like stealing your coasters :lol:

Loved reading that Claire!! They sounds so wonderful and I am so thrilled that they have been able to mend your broken heart.

Shelby and Cara would be terrible partners in crime :D She is my wolfer and also the lazier of the two. Jake loves to run and play ball...Shelby would rather than on the floor and chew a toy. Silly girl.

I am just so incredibly happy for you and for the girls as well. Talk about a perfect fit...this is it!

Claire I am so happy for you :) Sounds like you have 2 little girls that love you so much! So glad that they have helped fill a hole in both your hearts. Rudee would be so pleased! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :hug:

Thanks for the interesting update Claire. Sounds like you have a very happy home and I'm so glad to hear that your spirits have lifted because of your new babies---once again, I LOVE happy endings!!

thanks claire i really enjoyed reading about the adventures of cara and minnie :D

i'm so glad that they were able to fill your heart. special dogs have a way of doing that. i picked a ruby cavalier because of the resemblence to my special dog and indy has certainly filled mine :D

sounds like you'd better stay on your toes with those two ;) they'll conspire to sneak off with more than your coasters i think!!!

keep the updates and photos coming!

k

Thank you Claire for your delightful update. I can see them clearly especially doing what you referred to as "a mini version of Riverdance" Sounds like a joyous home, thank you for inviting us in. God bless you all.

Wonderful story of how love triumphs and heals! I am so happy for you all. It's amazing how such little dogs can just fill a heart with love. Rudee must be happy knowing that there is puppy joy back in your home.

Rudee is definetely smiling down upon you Claire and is happy to see his every so loving mommy enjoying the joy of Cara Mia and Minnie Moo sounds like they get on like a house on fire.

I will treasure this 2007 Calendar forever. :lotsaluv:

I am so happy for you, you deserve them and them you.

It brings such joy and peace to my heart to see you posting about your two lovebugs and sharing all the wonderful joys they are and will bring you.

Hmmmmmmm only one problem, we need to see more of them Claire. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Claire, I am so happy for you :flwr:

Rudee will always have a special place in your heart and these girls are so lucky to have found you :)

Claire, what a wonderful post and how true it is, that some new little members of the family can heal a broken heart.

Same thing has happened in our home! :l*v: :l*v:

Thanks for the update and the photos of the view from your tub! :lol: :lol:

Claire,

What a lovely progress report. Rudee will be grinning from ear to ear watching the havoc Minnie and Cara cause you :D

Keep us updated on their antics ;)

Back