• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Scratching and Biting Legs?

Harvey

Harvey over the last two weeks has started scratching and biting his legs so much so that he's started to loose hair :yikes

I have checked him over for fleas and de-flea'd him just incase but he is still scratching mainly in his arm pit area and ankles!!

I havent started using anything different in the house!!

Any ideas????

have you switched food? It could ben allergy - is there anything new around the house?

If I were you I would do a consult with my vet - she would be able to give you more ideas and run any tests if necessary :flwr:

Sounds like what Wesley did...His got to the point where he was fine when I put him in the crate for bed time, then the next morning I discovered that he had chewn himself to where he was bleeding. His turned out to be flea dermatitis as a reaction to one flea bite, but if Harvey has had no exposure to fleas then it sounds like allergies. What are you feeding him? any new treats?

It really does sound like just an allergy - but obviously a vet should be consulted in stead of my thoughts. My dog had allergies and the first spot to go was the arm pits. What about detergent on bedding being new, or a new plant she got at... that sort of thing to consider that you wouldnt normally associate with her routine.

could be mites (they live under the skin). my pup had them when he was younger and he chewed a bit on his legs, lost a lot of hair too.

Hi guys

I havent changed anything in the house that i can think of...

The washing powder is the same, his treats are the same there are no new plants etc etc

I took a closer look last night and looking at the skin through where he has worn the hair away it does look like a kinda human eczema or dermatitis.

I think i will take him to the vets to see if there is anything they can do before the poor boy makes it really sore!

Hope the vet finds the cause of his itching soon! Please update us on what it is. :flwr:

Just want to say I love your avatar photo of Harvey - He has such an eanest expression on his face. He's a handsome little boy! :)

Back