• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Depression in Dogs ?

fuzzie bear

Myth or fact ??

I didn't quite believe it until the following happened :

Ruby and Bailey when I stay in my parents house (which could be 2-3 nights a week) used to sleep up in bed with me.

Then I was going through a stage where I couldn't sleep and the dogs weren't helping by snoring and licking my face all night. So I stopped them coming to bed with me.

In this time (didn't notice it then) but they started to put on a lot of weight. They weren't eating any differently so couldn't understand what it was. At one stage they went up to 15kg.....

So about 8 weeks ago as my sleeping got better, I started bringing them to bed with me again. I can't believe it - they've lost nearly all the weight they put on....

Am I imagining this ??

I believe it.

When I got my cavalier last year, I was living off campus in a house with a few of my friends. My pup followed me everywhere and was my shadow. I lived there until Jan when my lease expired so I had to move into a dorm where they don't allow pets.

So my folks volunteered to take care of the little guy until May when I'm graduating. They've got a 4 year old cavalier so he's got friends. But, my mom said for the first 2 weeks he was moping around and didn't eat much. But after I visited in Feb he perked up and now is doing great. He even tries to dominate the other cav somewhat, but she puts him in his place. :)

Back