• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Vet cut whiskers

PamH

When Maddy was in for her spay one side of her whiskers were somehow cut. We have no idea why. Hubby just noticed one side was shorter which was not the case before. I have to wait until tomorrow to see her and check it out. Will they grow again? I know they are supposed to be useful as sensors.
Pam

Gee Pam....That's strange. Wonder if it had something to do with the anesthesia. Perhaps the tube they insert in the throat was taped to her muzzle and they trimmed her whiskers. Just a thought.

I trimmed the ones over Lily's eyes a couple of months ago because they were so long, they were in her eyes. They have since grown back. So Maddy's should grow back.

Shay said:
Wonder if it had something to do with the anesthesia. Perhaps the tube they insert in the throat was taped to her muzzle and they trimmed her whiskers. Just a thought.

That is what I am thinking. Don't worry, they will grow back. For some really dumb reasons, when you show Boxers you have to remove their whiskers (go figure!). Anyway, I showed one of ours a couple of times & under the supervision of her breeders trimmed her whiskers. They grew back pretty fast I am pleased to say.

So other cavs have really long eyelashes too! Charlie's eyelashes are SO long, so are his whiskers.... He also has a few whiskers growing under his chin.

I was thinking of trimming the eyelashes too, but so far, they don't seem to bother him.

That is strange how Maddy's whiskers are shorter though... I wonder if the length of the whiskers affect their sensory?

Back