• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Evo Reduced Fat

Linda

Just wondering if anyone is using the EVO Reduced Fat Kibble, I picked up a couple of sample bags at our local Pet Store to try it. It is only sold in 13 lb bags here, I have been thinking of switching Dudley over to it as I have reduced his intake of food and he is not loosing too much weight.

I was feeding him 1/4 cup of Regular EVO twice a day, and would feed the same of the RF if I switch.

Tried him with it yesterday, he ate it but chose not to this morning. No big deal I just lifted the bowl after 15 minutes, my problem being is that Darby does not have to lose weight and is just right sitting at around 15.5 lbs.

Any opinions on putting them both on this kibble and just increasing Darby's intake a little more. Darby will be 1 year old at the end of the month.

I don't use Evo, but I asked the same question of Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul. On there website you can post a question and a staff vet answers it. The vet told me that you can put a normal weight dog on the other food, just increase the quantity. I was doing it because the Lite variety had the 7-8% fiber that Luke needed in his diet.

I would suggest seeing if Evo has such option on their website and see what they have to say.

I had just started zack on EVO reduced fat a few days before Belle moved in with us in January. I don't want zack to gain any more weight. Belle was thin as a rail and i thought she needed to gain a couple of pounds. So i was in a quandary about how to feed them since they eat together. If i separated them, then they would each be too obsessed with what the other one has. Since Belle has been here, she's had a good appetite. I'm sure she has gained weight. Lisa commented on it too when she was here a couple of days ago. Belle feels heavier when i pick her up, heavier than she looks. Her coat has grown longer. She no longer looks shockingly thin, but is far from being overweight, she still looks svelt. I think they're each eating about a 1/2 cup twice a day, with a little bit of regular Innova kibble sprinkled in.

Back