Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need to teach 13wk a trick?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Debbie, you're not using a clicker yet, are you? Kodee is probably too young, and there are specific things you do to start with a clicker - that will come later in a clicker class.

Are you saying 'yes', 'nice' or 'good' when you train her now?
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Moon
    Debbie, you're not using a clicker yet, are you? Kodee is probably too young, and there are specific things you do to start with a clicker - that will come later in a clicker class.

Are you saying 'yes', 'nice' or 'good' when you train her now?
    Yes is what we say. But this is only a 4wk puppy course - its not even a beginner training class! This class is long 1.5 hrs and alot of it is learning about dog behaviour, letting them just play, getting passed around to different people. The puppies do learn sit, down, take it with a bit of hand signals - but all that will be retaken in the beginner class at 16 wks. They just like to end the session with a little party atmosphere of every one showing a trick they taught their puppy. Nothing serious or too hard - things like kiss, or jumping over a bar - silly easy stuff. I'm just not creative this way!

Post Thanks / Like

HMM I am trying to think of tricks Kosmo knew when he was that young!!

I know we learned speak pretty early.. if she has a good down-stay you can teach her to play dead.. :P There is a way that "shake" is supposed to be taught - it's really easy Debbie No lies!

Hey how bout you try to teach her to take a bow?? Easy for me to say - Faith knows none of this! You could teach shake, wave, play dead, take a bow, roll over is hard, weave, .. I dunno those are all easy tricks that we know..

Good luck!
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a website with very short videos that show you how to train simple behaviors. Training touch is a good easy one to do!

http://www.clickertrainusa.com/click...ing-videos.htm
    Molly and Murphy (tri), Katie (ruby), Casey (B/T),Spike the wonder pup (tri), Suzie (tri) and Penny (blen)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by molly
    Here's a website with very short videos that show you how to train simple behaviors. Training touch is a good easy one to do!

http://www.clickertrainusa.com/click...ing-videos.htm
    Thank you so much Molly! Off to peek about!