• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fred

ceedah

Fred, July 1982-January 1997.

lucy_fred_001.sized.jpg

Fred was less than thrilled when I was born in 1985; as my parents put it, he was no longer "top dog" in the house, with my parents' attention re-directed to a baby. In fact, he never quite got used to doing what I asked of him. He was never a mean dog, though. For the last four years of his life, he had the company of another person, my little brother. He was an independent dog, but even if he wasn't cuddly, we all adored him. He was super-fluffy in the winter (as seen in the above pic), and very sleek with his summer haircut (also much less grey looking and more black-and-white).

Fred loved barking at thunderstorms and the vacuum cleaner. He was wonderfully spirited; he pranced around a lot, and my parents said that if he hadn't come with a name, they would have named him Prancer.

When they got him as a puppy, my parents were told by the vet that he would probably end up being 40 pounds. Wrong-o! He was more like 75. As much as we loved him, my mom had difficulty lifting him into the car when he got older and said that if we ever got another dog, it would be one she could carry easily. This is what led us to our Cavalier a year and a half after Fred passed on.

Thank you for sharing Fred's story with us. You were an adorable child and Fred was certainly a handome lad. I'm sure he's chasing butterflies over the rainbow bridge.

Thank you all. Even though we've been without him for ten years now (I can hardly believe it), sometimes the memories feel very recent - which is both happy and sad.

Oh Fred is gorgeous & I hope he is having fun hanging with the other guys at the Rainbow Bridge. Yeah, we remember them like it was yesterday. I still remember keenly our first family dog, a German Shepherd that was there to welcome me into this life, and I am now in my 50s. They sure leave their mark on us. :flwr:

Fred was a loverly looking dog so sorry for you there is always some think special about a dog that you had has a child every dog has it own place in your heart----Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney----Sam)

great picture!
i think the name Fred suits him well.
i enjoyed hearing about Fred, he was more than a dog, it seems.
:flwr:

Back