Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crufts results...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry I'm only saying what some of the people there were telling me. I'm new to this. As Inca says there was a lot of people who already knew who was going to win due to the amount of CC's.
    As I said before I'm only repeating what I have been told ring side on the day.
    Mum to AJ (Blenhiem born 6th August 2010) - my world
    My beautiful, brave boy Toby (Blenhiem) now waiting for me at the Bridge, love you forever chicken!
    Auntie to:Taffy(B) &Archie(B&T) - Doggy kisses 'cos you know there the best kind!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pleased to see that Loranka's Celebration made a comeback (best veteran). I was at Crufts the year he won BOB.

It's such a shame that the 'life' of many show dogs is so short. They seem to do well up to about three years old (I know there are exceptions) and then disappear. Teddy's litter brother , Acewall enigma for Toraylac was placed at Crufts, in 2005 and 2006, gained 2 ccs, then like his aunt, Toraylac Deja Vue, ' disappeared ' from the lists. he's only three and a half.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like

What age do they class a veteran as??
    My beautiful, brave boy Toby (Blenhiem) now waiting for me at the Bridge, love you forever chicken!
    Auntie to:Taffy(B) &Archie(B&T) - Doggy kisses 'cos you know there the best kind!

Post Thanks / Like

the age is 7 .............

to be fair a lot of sour grapes are discussed at ringside and to be honest it makes me laff ..........all of those with the little comments would love to own a dog like him ( i know i would )
    Cavaliers are like chocolate the more you see the more you want

Post Thanks / Like

Thats quite old isn't it? 7. So i after 7 there is no upper age to stop showing??

I was shocked how small all the Cavvies were, either that or our 3 are all very leggy.

I know what you mean about 'sour grapes', also there were some really nice people who would stop and chat about their dogs etc and give you hints and tips but there were also others who couldn't give you the time of day. It was just nice being surrounded by cavvies.

Post Thanks / Like

Claire, unfortunatly I have heard talk like that in the Irish show rings also.

From breeders and showers alike.

We started to show Gus at age 2, my daughter was handler and he did well at first but when we got to the bigger shows it was a case of who you knew, or who knew you not how good your dog was.I didn't think it was a good place for my daughter or Gus and pulled him from showing after 6 months. It is very competitive and some breeders actually looked down their nose at my daughter because we only had the one dog and were quite rude about it. One woman threw a huge hissy fit because her dog was not placed .Also some were lovely but they were few and far between I'm afraid
    Ah well he had his 5 mins of fame and a rosette on my daughters wall to prove it!