• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How active is your Cav?

How active is your Cav??

• extremely active (full of energy most of the time)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • moderately active ( occasionally does the zoomies)

• active when needs to be

• sleeps most of the day

• Total voters

Sharon 7

My daughter and I have been discussing what is a normal Cavs energy levels... (she thinks my Cav is not normal :sl*p:

My Cav (Sophie is 15 months and has always been active)

Her Cav has always been shy and not overly playfull. She is 14 now, and shakey in the back legs, so of course she is not active now.

I am sure their ages would have some bearing on their acitivities as well

We would be interested in all the other darlings' levels :D

What if we assume your answer is when your dog was from a puppy up to 3 or 4 years of age, obviously an old dog would sleep most of the day.
I cant seem to change my poll now. By this age you would assume their personality would be determined.

Ok I voted active when to be but with SiânE she sleeps most of the time but is active when she needs to be, because she knows she can go to sleep at the end of it. :lol:

I'd have to say that Bentley is extremely active, altho he is still young, a year and a half....and our winter weather the past 2 months has been pretty awful here so we've been cooped-up in the house way too much, so that could have a lot to do with it too (but we do play a lot indoors).

I voted, but I think to get an accurate picture of what is "normal" you need to be specific about age. There is a huge difference in activity between say an 8 week old pup, a 6 month old, a 2 year old & a 14 year old.

Oh and environment will have an impact too. A dog that lives on acres with a whole lot of other dogs will have a different activity level to a dog that is an only child and lives in a unit or a small backyard.

Caraline said:
I voted, but I think to get an accurate picture of what is "normal" you need to be specific about age. There is a huge difference in activity between say an 8 week old pup, a 6 month old, a 2 year old & a 14 year old.

Oh and environment will have an impact too. A dog that lives on acres with a whole lot of other dogs will have a different activity level to a dog that is an only child and lives in a unit or a small backyard.

Yes, I agree.
Wonder if I can start the poll again?

I voted active when needs to be...but when no one is home he sleeps most of the time, but I don't think this counts cuz I'd sleep too if I was alone with no one there to play with

I voted active when needs to be but what I really mean is that when I'n energetic & want to go on a 5mile power walk, she's right beside me all the way, leading me up & down hills. But when I'm working she's also right there sleeping by my side either under my desk or beside me on the sofa or in her own bed. So in fact she's as lively as I allow her to be.

I have a feeling she's plenty of energy to spare :dgwlk:

i voted "moderately active"...when we are around they are always fully active...however when we arent there or doing our own thing they sleep alot or play together..

I went for extremely active. If there is something to do I can bank on all 3 of them to be into it and to be going nuts! :lol: :jmp:

Tucker's extremely active too. Sleeps when he's bored, otherwise he'd play almost all of the time. When I have company he never naps, cannot miss anything that's going on in the house.

Holly is 14 months and actually she sleeps quite alot, she has active moments, but overall I would say inactive.

I voted 'moderately active'

While we're at work he's usually found in his bed, but at night it's walkies and playtime, with a little rest here and there :D

Thanks for your votes and comments everyone, I am sure Sophie is normal after reading all of them :wggle:

Back