• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

anyone ever hear of this?

barb

My 5 y/o had surgery last week for luxating patella. He's doing well but my younger, 1 1/2 y/o cav seems really depressed since he's come home. She's not eating unless I hand feed her and she just looks sad. I had her to the vet and they don't find anything wrong. Could it be because her pal is just lying around and not playing with her?
Barb

I experienced the same thing. Geordie was depressed when India came home from her patella surgery - I think he missed playing with his best buddy.

I spent lots of one on one time with him, I signed him up for classes at the nearby training center and we practiced agility in the backyard. He also went on errands and walks with me, while India stayed home with Colin.

Eventually he adjusted to India's confinement, and they chewed their bully sticks together looking through the x-pen bars that separated them. :lol:

Cooper had his first patella done in December and his second one done last week. Fergus was quite flat initially when Cooper was in hospital and when he came home. He desperately wanted to play with Cooper but couldn't. He also was a bit jealous of all the extra attention Cooper was getting. We tried very hard to make Fergus feel extra special, even carrying him around the house a bit like we have to do with Cooper. They can definitely sense when things are not right.

Back