Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poochie Bells Training

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poochie Bells Training

I got my poochie bells the other day and have just started using them this morning since I'm off work. I followed the instructions which say to ring the bells yourself everytime the dogs go out.

Bella is now going up to them and touching them with her nose every few minutes. I am praising her and letting her out (even though she doesnt need to go out). I'm not sure if she's touching the bells accidently/or through curiosity or whether she has already figured out that if she touches the bells she will get attention - what do you think?
    Casshon

Molly (Blenheim) & Bella (Tri)
    Honey, Cassie & Tiki (Cavalier Angels)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maybe a mix of both. Usually they go thru a phase of rining them a lot just to go out but eventually stop doing that and ring when they actually need to go out -- or so I have been told by those who trained in this way!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

She just rang them again! I think this time it was on purpose. I could see her sitting by the door and looking at the bells and looking at me but I ignored her and then she rang the bells to go out - what a clever girl!

I never thought the day would come when I would get excited about a dog ringing a bell
    Casshon

Molly (Blenheim) & Bella (Tri)
    Honey, Cassie & Tiki (Cavalier Angels)

Post Thanks / Like

Our Casey as a pup used to ring the bells alot. It was a novelty for him once he realized he got us to open the door whenever he rang them. After a few days, he just rang them when he really needed to go out. Even the cat rings the bells to go out now. My DH and I are well trained.
    Molly and Murphy (tri), Katie (ruby), Casey (B/T),Spike the wonder pup (tri), Suzie (tri) and Penny (blen)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I want some of these bells.... they sound great!
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~

Post Thanks / Like

These are the ones we have. They are nicely made and ours are 2 yrs old and look new. http://www.poochie-pets.net/

But you can use any bells tied to cording. that works fine!
    Molly and Murphy (tri), Katie (ruby), Casey (B/T),Spike the wonder pup (tri), Suzie (tri) and Penny (blen)

Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered the bells......wish me luck

Post Thanks / Like

i use those with brady. before he used to bang on the blinds that hung on the door. now he uses the bells, and if he really needs to go he does a combination of both. i had no problem training him at all since he already "rung" the blinds. he just went right in and started to use the bells the day i hung them. it really is helpful because i can hear them from upstairs, whereas i couldn't hear the blinds.
    Lauren
    Brady's Mommy (D.O.B 4/25/2006)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well so far, I am really well trained. I ring the bell every time I need to go out. Guess I need to take a look at that training video again.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~

Post Thanks / Like

Like Caraline, I have become very well trained at ringing the bells. So Star doesn't seem to think it is necessary for her to do anything about them...
    Barb, activity director for Star (tri-color girl) and Ruby (Blenheim girl)