Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poochie Bells Training

Post Thanks / Like

Caraline wrote:
    Well so far, I am really well trained. I ring the bell every time I need to go out. Guess I need to take a look at that training video again.
    Thank God it's not just me then!!!!!!
    My two sit and wait for me to ring the bells and then let them out We will have to start over again
    this is soooo funny
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well I got very excited tonight because Beau peed on the floor & then went and rang the bell I rewarded him of course. Yeah, better go watch the video again.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~

Post Thanks / Like

Molly is the same - she totally has not got the idea and looks at me like I'm crazy when I ask her to ring the bell!

Bella is quite good - she has rang the bell of her own accord quite a few times and I say "Bella ring" when I'm putting them out and she does, so thats a start.

Although, Molly just peed in the hall (5 minutes after she was just out ) so there's still a lot of work to do.
    Casshon

Molly (Blenheim) & Bella (Tri)
    Honey, Cassie & Tiki (Cavalier Angels)

Post Thanks / Like

Zak touches the bell with his nose and I can hear a little tinkle ... So I am at the stage where I need him to ring them a little more so I can hear them better ...

Beau tells Zak to ring the bell for her being the little madam that she is .....
    Tara Choules (MAPDT 00852, CAP 1&2, HNC CBT)
    Zak, Beau and Boomer (Cavaliers dressed as Sausage dogs and Schnauzers)
    www.DogTrainingIreland.ie
    Online Store www.dogtrainingireland.ie/shop

Post Thanks / Like

My bells arrived this morning Ellie is jumping at them and growling, then backing away putting her legs on the floor, bum in the air and barking , she does this if I do anything new in the house ( even a bunch of flowers or a new ornemant gets her going )
    So now the fun begins
    I just told hubby, that he has to say ' wee wee Ellie ring the bells'' when we thinks she wants to wee.....The look on his face was priceless
    So watch this space
    The bells are very well made, am pleased with them......Now I just need to find a way to stop Ellie barking at them

Post Thanks / Like

You can always take the bells off the door and hold them for her to sniff and touch to show her there is nothing to be afraid of. Anything different in our house gets ours barking. Yesterday, the box on the floor from UPS might have been trying to kill us so they let us know!

You can put alittle peanut butter or cream cheese on the bells to get her to lick them and move them so they ring. She'll get it.
    Molly and Murphy (tri), Katie (ruby), Casey (B/T),Spike the wonder pup (tri), Suzie (tri) and Penny (blen)

Post Thanks / Like

I dont want to get too excited....but earlier Ellie was asleep on my knee, and when I put her down, she ran straight to the kitchen and jumped at the bells....I let her out and she ran to the bottom of the garden and did a poo ........Keep watching this space

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah! Good job Elle.
    Molly and Murphy (tri), Katie (ruby), Casey (B/T),Spike the wonder pup (tri), Suzie (tri) and Penny (blen)

Post Thanks / Like

We trained Cedar to use the bell (it was a 'ring for service' type). If they get over the "ring the bell every two seconds phase" we didnt have the stamina for it! Cedar would live out in the garden if we let her; she ALWAYS wants to go out. She'd ring the bell, go out, then come back in. She'd get bored and in two seconds ring the bell again.

It got to the point where I'd ignore the bell the first time she rang it. So she'd ring it again--harder--and then come stare at me. If I ignored her again, she'd ring the bell and then bark. She rang the bell with her paw, so it looked like she was a cranky hotel customer not getting service!

We put the bell away. Now she just barks.
    Cindy
    Cedar (tri), Willow (blen), Holly (ruby), & Bella (blen)

Post Thanks / Like

I've been trying for two weeks and Spencer just isn't getting it. And my cats are scared to death of the bells. Spencer never has accidents in the house but I am getting really tired of trying to read his mind as to when he needs to go out. I haven't watched the video but have followed the set of instructions that came with the bells to the letter. I was so hoping this would work that I bought two sets of extra ribbon so I'd have some variety.
    Spencer and his mom, Whitney