Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poochie Bells Training

Post Thanks / Like

I am pleased with Ellie's progress so far. She rang the bells again this morning and went straight out and did a wee....
    The hardest part is getting hubby to say' wee wee ring the bell' when Ellie is just sitting near the door I think he feels a bit silly .....so I am training both of them at the moment

Post Thanks / Like

I am pleased with Ellie's progress so far. She rang the bells again this morning and went straight out and did a wee....
    The hardest part is getting hubby to say' wee wee ring the bell' when Ellie is just sitting near the door I think he feels a bit silly .....so I am training both of them at the moment

Post Thanks / Like

Star has only rung the bells on our two nicest days of the year. Both times, we had been outside for a l-o-n-g time. Five minutes after coming inside, she thought it would be nice to go out again, so she rang the bells...

Otherwise, she continues to look at me as if to say, "Are we going outside, or are you just going to stand there playing with the bells??"
    Barb, activity director for Star (tri-color girl) and Ruby (Blenheim girl)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barb B
    Otherwise, she continues to look at me as if to say, "Are we going outside, or are you just going to stand there playing with the bells??"
    Their expressions are priceless!

Molly is finally getting the idea that she has to nudge the bells to get a treat. I still have to hold them right in front of her but it's progress. Bella will ring on command and occasionally rings to go out. She also rings the bell when she has just come back in and seems very surprised when I open the door and make her go back out ( ) - neither of them really enjoy being outside that much (I'm hoping that will change when the weather gets warmer), so I'm guessing she still hasn't fully made the connection with ringing the bells and going outside.

Molly also asked to go outside last night (only the second time she's ever done this). I was watching TV and she started running up beside me and then back to the door. I am so glad they are both making progress with their house training
    Casshon

Molly (Blenheim) & Bella (Tri)
    Honey, Cassie & Tiki (Cavalier Angels)

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone who ordered bells from us please let me know when they receive them.

Some of you guys from the USA ordered and I let you know when they shipped so please let me know when they arrive

Thanks,
    T
    Tara Choules (MAPDT 00852, CAP 1&2, HNC CBT)
    Zak, Beau and Boomer (Cavaliers dressed as Sausage dogs and Schnauzers)
    www.DogTrainingIreland.ie
    Online Store www.dogtrainingireland.ie/shop

Post Thanks / Like

Ellie will ring the bells on command, and she is ( most of the time) ringing them when she needs to go out I am so proud of her, I didnt expect her to pick it up so quickly. The bells only arrived last Thursday
    I wish she would learn how to stop jumping up at people as quickly

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think persistance is the key. Lucky sometimes rings them just because it is a nice day out, but he lets me know if he REALLY needs to go out.

This morning he had diarrhea (poor baby ) and he was ringing them like crazy. It took him a while to use them consistently and sometimes he'll still just sit patiently for me by the door, but if he really really needs to go out he knows what they are for. (hopefully he feels better soon ... I've got a feeling those bells could be ringing a LOT today ...)
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Ellie has mastered the bells, and always rings them now....so they have been a total sucess .....She can be a very stuburn young lady and I find teaching her most things difficult ( pulling on the lead grrrrrrr) but the bell training was easy for her to learn

Post Thanks / Like

Those of you whose cavs are successfully ringing the bells, how long did it take you to get to that point? I think we've had them for about a month and she seems less interested now than she did in the beginning! I think she maybe a little scared of the sound...but, I also think she knows that I'm going to ring the bell anyway if she just sits there staring at it!!!

What are we doing wrong?? Thanks!
    Lindsay, Andy and Gracie (our 11 month old Blenheim bundle of joy!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Is your husband saying "wee wee ring the bell"?

FYI - I never said that and it was just me training Lucky. I just put a little treat behind the bell and that got him to ring it whenever I knew he needed to go out. Then took him straight out to do his business.

Now he rarely gets a treat - the treat is going outside - and he does it really well.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)