Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Poochie Bells Training

Post Thanks / Like

Well, supposedly hubby is saying "Outside, RIng the bells," or at least "Ring the bells." Might need to follow up on that though!

The Poochie Bell instructions said to not use a treat, but I think we may be at the point that using a treat would be useful! I put pb on the bells at one point and that seemed to help, but not long-term. I put them on the floor for her to sniff/play with in the last week or so and she just barked at them!
    Lindsay, Andy and Gracie (our 11 month old Blenheim bundle of joy!)

Post Thanks / Like

We have only had the bells for two weeks. At first Ellie was scared of them, also we got sick of the noise every time we opened the door. So I put them on a hook next to the door....For the first few days when I thought Ellie wanted to go and wee, I told her wee wee and rang the bell for her and let her out. Then on about day four, we were sitting in the lounge, and she rang the bells herself to be let out. We were amazed. I think we have been very lucky......

Post Thanks / Like

I've just ordered some. Mika is starting to get the hang of house training. She is going to the front door most times now and scratching at it. Not always, but most of the time, which is really something. I'm not sure why she goes to the front door, since she has never gone in or out of it, but I'm not going to complain - at least she seems to be getting the hang of letting us know.

I ordered the bells, because while I love that she is letting us know, scratching at the door is not what I had in mind. I'm hoping that she will learn to ring rather than scratch.

We'll see!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's Mommy View Post
    The Poochie Bell instructions said to not use a treat, but I think we may be at the point that using a treat would be useful!
    I would definitely use a treat. I followed the poochie bells instructions and they don't work! I taught the touch command first with the bells in my hand and used a treat. I still give the girls a treat when they touch the bells. Bella will now ring on command but for Molly I hold the bells in front of her and she nudges it, sometimes I need to put the treat behind the bells for her to nudge (). I don't know if Molly will ever actually use the bells she prefers the running up and down the room technique to get my attention!
    Casshon

Molly (Blenheim) & Bella (Tri)
    Honey, Cassie & Tiki (Cavalier Angels)