• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier Survey

enchantingdragon

I saw this survey this morning on one of the other Cavalier lists I belong to and thought it would be cute to share

1. The thing I love most about my cavalier is ______

2. My cavalier makes me laugh when ______

3. Most people would be surprised to know that cavaliers _______

4. I really love my cavalier, but I could do without _______

5. When I got my first cavalier, I was surprised to learn _______

6. I wish I had known _______ before I got my first cavalier

7. I wish I had asked my breeder _______

8. I first fell in love with the breed when _______

1. The thing I love most about my cavalier is that she loves us so much and you can see it in her face everytime she looks at us

2. My cavalier makes me laugh when I come home and she is at the top of the stairs waiting for me and when she sees me she starts to wag her tail but she is so excited that her whole body wags

3. Most people would be surprised to know that cavaliers always try to make you happy

4. I really love my cavalier, but I could do without the chasing of the cats

5. When I got my first cavalier, I was surprised to learn everything since she was my first puppy ever!

6. I wish I had known nothing really since I read up a lot before I got one before I got my first cavalier

7. I wish I had asked my breeder nothing really

8. I first fell in love with the breed when I saw Lady and the Tramp as a kid

Ummm, Lady from Lady and the Tramp is a cocker spaniel. She was why my first dog as an adult was an all red cocker spaniel.

1. The thing I love most about my cavalier is that they all love their mommy so much. :luv:

2. My cavalier makes me laugh when they do their "crazy" runs and play with each other. :lpy:

3. Most people would be surprised to know that cavaliers are the best dogs on the planet ;)

4. I really love my cavalier, but I could do without them feeling sorry for themselves when they roll in mud in the backyard and have to get a bath :roll:

5. When I got my first cavalier, I was surprised to learn how soft their fur was. cavtiny

6. I wish I had known a name for Spencer before I got my first cavalier. He was "puppy dog" for a week. :paw:

7. I wish I had asked my breeder nothing. I was pleased with all 3 purchases. :D

8. I first fell in love with the breed when I saw them on SATC. I know, cliche answer, but that is where I first saw them. I got up off the couch and googled "Charlotte's dog" and the rest is history. :dgwlk:

I thought Lady was a Cocker too as a child. When I was in 1st grade I met a friend in school who told me she has Lady at her house! When I went over to play I was greeted with a yellow Cocker named Lady I was throughly baffled at this and started looking at other dog pictures trying to figure it out. Though I know the animators dont ever say what Lady really is to me she seems more Cavalier like then Cocker. Thats an opinion that others have a right to disagree with of course but ever since Lady and the Tramp I always said I want whatever dog that is and in my mind it was a Cavalier

1. The thing I love most about my cavalier is he is the most laid
back dog I have ever had and so easy to have around.

2. My cavalier makes me laugh when he sits and stares and tries to
communicate telepathically with me what it is he wants

3. Most people would be surprised to know that cavaliers are truly
a little sporting dog. I find our Buddy to be more birdy then my
American Cocker Spaniel (but not as birdy as my English Cocker). I
think people are also surprised at the health issues.

4. I really love my cavalier, but I could do without the worry
about health. Even if you do your homework, get your Cavalier from
someone who has followed the breeding protocols and you have the
appropriate health clearances, the health issues are there in the
back of your mind. Unlike many others I do not find the grooming to
be that difficult. Comb and brush every other day. They are so
small it does not take long.

5. When I got my first cavalier, I was surprised to learn, in our
case, how quiet Buddy is. He almost never barks and almost never has
the zoomies which may not be typical. He can, however, run like the
wind and how fast he runs did surprise me.

6. I wish I had known that I would long for a second cavalier
before I got my first cavalier

7. I wish I had asked my breeder _______. My breeder has been
very responsive.

8. I first fell in love with the breed AFTER we got Buddy. I
really wanted to get a second Clumber Spaniel or another English
Cocker (we had just lost our 14 year old ECS) but I have a special
needs brother who lives with me who wanted a dog which would "stay
little" to fit on his lap but would be playful. He and one of my
sisters came up with a Cavalier. I grudgingly agreed and am so glad
I did.

Though I know the animators dont ever saw what Lady really is to me she seems more Cavalier like then Cocker.

I agree! A lot of people who meet Kingston say "It's the Lady and the Tramp dog!" Who cares what Lady really was!

1. The thing I love most about my cavalier is that they always do something to make me smile, no matter how upset, angry or frustrated I might be

2. My cavalier makes me laugh when In the morning they give a big high pitched YAAAAAWWWHN and stretch before I take them outside:D

3. Most people would be surprised to know that cavaliers have only one purpose in life, and that is to love their human!! :lotsaluv:

4. I really love my cavalier, but I could do without their poop eating habits :yuk:

5. When I got my first cavalier, I was surprised to learn how athletic and playful they can be!! I always thought they were just lap dogs!!

6. I wish I had known how addicting they were before I got my first cavalier they are like crack!! How I ended up with 3 is beyond me...and I always thought I was a big dog person! icon_whistling

7. I wish I had asked my breeder if I could have more than one from Zoey's litter

8. I first fell in love with the breed when my MIL went to spain and left me with her Cate. We bonded right away and I had to have one!!

1. The thing I love most about my cavalier is they always make me smile, warm my lap and are a perfect snuggle buddy

2. My cavalier makes me laugh when they chase butterflies and/or snow flakes in the yard - or when they play tag with one another

3. Most people would be surprised to know that cavaliers SNORE and BURP - for beign so "cavalier" their manners !

4. I really love my cavalier, but I could do without .....hummmm, I love everything about them

5. When I got my first cavalier, I was surprised to learn that they snore and snort !

6. I wish I had known more about health issues (you can never know enough) before I got my first cavalier

7. I wish I had asked my breeder I am lucky to have a wonderful breeder and mentor who has and continues to educate me.

8. I first fell in love with the breed when I saw them at a show (I was showing another breed at the time) When my children were older and I was looking for something so "me" I had always remembed the cavaliers - they were a perfect fit for our family - they are wonderful companions for my children and allow me to show (which is something I enjoy)

1. The thing I love most about my cavalier is the way he follows me around and wants to be with me 24/7.

2. My cavalier makes me laugh when he runs around with a biscuit in his mouth for 10 minutes before he eats it.

3. Most people would be surprised to know that cavaliers have extreme separation anxiety.

4. I really love my cavalier, but I could do without the health problems.

5. When I got my first cavalier, I was surprised to learn how many people thought he looked like a stuffed animal!

6. I wish I had known about Kingston's sensitive tummy before I got him. I would have fed him a different dog food from the start.

7. I wish I had asked my breeder nothing. I got the perfect pooch!

8. I first fell in love with the breed when they were featured on The View. I knew I had to have one!

1. The thing I love most about my cavalier is the way she wiggles her whole body at me, when I walk in the door
2. My cavalier makes me laugh when she does the zoomies around the house or the back yard
3. Most people would be surprised to know that cavaliers are intelligent

4. I really love my cavalier, but I could do without her wanting to sleep on my feet of a night
5. When I got my first cavalier, I was surprised to learn how sweet they really are6. I wish I had known about all their health probs before I got my first cavalier

7. I wish I had asked my breeder nothing
8. I first fell in love with the breed when I saw them on tv

1. The thing I love most about my cavalier is that they are so in tune with our emotions.

2. My cavalier makes me laugh when they swap chewy sticks - just in case the other one tastes nicer!

3. Most people would be surprised to know that cavaliers are really furry humans with 4 legs ;)

4. I really love my cavalier, but I could do without them sneezing in my face to wake me up :lol:

5. When I got my first cavalier, I was surprised to learn how intelligent they really are and also how they sulk and go into a huff - still find it funny even now.

6. I wish I had known nothing really before I got my first cavalier as I had babysat for 4 of them, spoken to lots of breeders and read countless books.

7. I wish I had asked my breeder nothing really, we're still in touch 7 years later :)

8. I first fell in love with the breed when I was a small child and used to go and play with the neighbour's Cavalier, we had boring Toy Poodles and I wasn't allowed a Cav - now my Mum loves my boys as much as I do and thinks they're the best breed ever!

1. The thing I love most about my cavalier is: His Little Ducky Face

2. My cavalier makes me laugh when he gets the puppy zoomies and does roll overs.

3. Most people would be surprised to know that cavaliers are great hunting dogs too!

4. I really love my cavalier, but I could do without the farting and burping he has started to do!

5. When I got my first cavalier, I was surprised to learn how much he loves to be in a lap!

6. I wish I had known ___??____ before I got my first cavalier

7. I wish I had asked my breeder ___??____

8. I first fell in love with the breed when when I found out how much of a loyal, amazing and beautiful dog they are at a dog show!!

3. Most people would be surprised to know that cavaliers are really furry humans with 4 legs ;)

l love this answer, and it's so true

Back