• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

ENORMOUS RECALL

As I read it, the company contracts for 17 out of 20 top dog food companies. This is pretty bad for sure.

Good thing I read this before I feed my friends dog we had just bought it some canned meat/gravy food. Thanks to whoever posted this Imma go return it right now!

This is horrible. I don't know anybody who feeds these foods - although I have used Iams canned years ago - but those poor animals and people.

I wanted to see the woman in the sweater she knitted from her cat fur but it wouldn't load. I knew a woman who would make wall hangins, etc., from her dogs fur. All I could think of was how it must smell!!

My grandma feeds her doggie WalMart food (it is all it will eat :yuk: ). I will be on the lookout for them to post that list. I would hate for little Lovey to get sick! :(

I used to use 2 of the dog foods, before this website taught me last year about quality dog food. I am so glad I switched them over for now another reason!

The links I included apparently did not include a complete list. I just saw on the news that it includes Iams, and Nutro, and foods sold at Petsmart as well as the grocery stores. News said that the company should have a complete list out sometime this morning.

Lucky doesn't eat Nutro dog food, but he does LOVE their oatmeal sensitive stomach biscuits, so I am going to have to see if they are part of the recall. Either way, I'm tossing them out. I hope all the stuff on the pet store shelves are safe now so I can know I'm getting him something that won't make him sick ...

My heart about droped out of my chest when I saw Eukanuba.

My beloved Maine Coon cat has been on their dry food "hairball" for for 13 years. I didn't see anything about Eukanuba dry food, hopefully he is okay. :(

I have noted some people on this list use those brands - but I think most are for kibble. That is a huge list with some pretty big heavy hitters in sales. I see a class action suit for vet costs coming about...

The legal ramifications are going to be incredible. It's going to be a mess that will take years to settle.

We started the girls on Eagle Pack, using both the kibble and the canned. We ran out of can and I went to PetsMart and bought some canned food there that turned out to be chunks and gravy and I didn't like fooling with it so I made the trip back to the only store in town that has Eagle Pack. Thank goodness. I saw the PetsMart brand on TV.

Debbie, I love your new avatar! I want to get puppias for Sasha and Tibby (Wallis's tumor is about two inches or so behind her arm on her side and I'm afraid it would rub there.) Where is best place to find them?

Kingston also has the Nutro Sensitive Stomach biscuits. I don't know how worried I should be. This recall only pertains to wet food right? Should I stop giving him the Nutro? Wouldn't he have gotten sick already if they were tainted?

KingstonsMom said:
Kingston also has the Nutro Sensitive Stomach biscuits. I don't know how worried I should be. This recall only pertains to wet food right? Should I stop giving him the Nutro? Wouldn't he have gotten sick already if they were tainted?

I think you're pretty safe and I wouldn't be too concerned, however, I'm a worrier by nature so I would probably stop giving it to him just to be safe. :flwr:

Or, as one worrier to another, they have a toll free number that you can call. There are no stupid questions in this kind of situation.

Found this information while doing some research. I'm pretty sure the biscuits I'm feeding are safe.

Please note that, according to Menu Foods, none of the pet illnesses or deaths reported were related to any of Nutro’s products and that Nutro has received no case reports of pet illness or deaths related to this recall. Further, no Nutro dry foods, biscuits, or treats are affected.

Back