• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Okay, so I did something kinda crazy and very implusive!!

Bronte

As some of you know I am going to meet Charlotte for the first time tomorrow and I woke up this morning too excited!!

I watched the Sex and the City episodes with Elizabeth Taylor getting all pumped up...that show is where my love of this breed began.

Okay, now for the crazy impulsive part.

Many of you have asked me where to get the gorgeous sweater Elizabeth Taylor is wearing in my avatar.
I love it too, always have, so I called up Burberry and said is there any way to get one of these great sweaters still??
They came out years ago, so I thought for sure I would have no luck at all.
I have been so in love with this sweater for so long I had to at least try.

WELL someone returned a size small in the exact sweater worn by Elizabeth Taylor!! I grabbed my wallet and plunked down $225!!! I am all sweaty, excited and a little disoriented. LOL!

I love the sweater, I do have the cash in my clothing budget for it but it is a big purchase...am I nuts!?!

K girls...group hug! :yikes

aweeeeee its adorable. what luck!!!

if oliver was a girl and skinnyer (lmao) id get one for him..haha

We all do crazy impulsive things, but i think the swater is gorgous, and if you have hte money who the heck cares! right?

I have lots of money(helps when you work fullt ime and live at hoem and saveeee) and sometiems buy crazy expnesive things ...i do it all the time haha

Thanks Super Princess....I really do love it and I think she will look adorable in it!

If I take good care of it she will have it a long time. :D

Good for you......since you posted the link, I've been looking all over for a medium but was unable to find it.

I think it's great that you've found one!! :D

Money *is* for spending and what better than on Charlotte! :lol:

Bet you can't wait to get her.....pacing a lot are you?? :)

Yes, alot of pacing and clock watching! LOL!

I hope a small will fit her when she is full grown.

She was the last born and the smallest of her littter so she should only be 12 to 15 pounds when she is full grown correct??

Zippy, I just called and they have one medium....let the madness begin. :)

nah....

No, you are not crazy at all! Or, maybe we all are to some extent. I was down in Naples, Fl, when I found out I was getting Bianca. I rushed right out to the Burberry store there; we bought her her a collar (and almost a sweater, but it was so hot, Mike talked me out of it). I also went ahead and bought MYSELF a couple of items at Burberry, cough.... :roll: , so it just means you're a doting mommy (as long as it doesn't preclude you from paying for the vet bills, food, etc. ). We all need to have a little bit of fun in life! -Natalie

Awe thanks Natalie!

Bianca is adorable BTW...post photos of her in her Burberry collar soon okay?

Well, I can only offer my humble opinion here ... but no, not crazy at all!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I am a shopping fiend (much to the hub's dismay) and I've already bought so much stuff for our baby it's not even funny!! It's actually kind of embarrassing. :oops:

I love the Burberry print on Cavaliers. Yes, it's spendy - but what wouldn't we do for our dogs? They're regal Cavaliers, after all ... ;)

You're just going to have to deal with the fact that wherever you go from now on, everyone you encounter is going to say, "oooh, that's the Sex and the City dog!"

thanks!

Thanks so much!! We think so too :D (and so do all the people who meet her). If I can get her to sit still enough, I will! As it is, I'm attempting to work on action shots because she can't stand being away from the person with the camera long enough to get a good close-up picture. My good Leica lens has a huge nose print on it :lol: -Natalie

You're just going to have to deal with the fact that wherever you go from now on, everyone you encounter is going to say, "oooh, that's the Sex and the City dog!"[/quote]

Now THAT I can deal with! LOL!

Dog Coat

Hi,

Can you please pm me the phone number so that I can get shipping fees sorted??

Thanks............ I just love it. Zippy

No, don't think you are crazy at all! :D :D I love Burberry, own quite a bit, and have been planning to get Coco that sweater once she is fully grown (she's 8 months now!).

I'm surprised you say that there aren't many sweaters available anymore because it was on Burberry's website all fall and winter (modelled on a gorgeous blenheim cavalier!). I think it's one of their items they make every year. I also saw it in their London shop when visiting last Fall. I also love the carrier they make for dogs- but i don't think it's ok to accommodate cavaliers. :(

Well, I really look forward to seeing Charlotte in her new sweater!!!!

(Btw, my second choice in names for Coco was Charlotte York!).

I guess they are a seasonal item (surprise, surprise) that they re-release each year.

I ordered over the phone so I really hope it is the same sweater.

I looked on Burberry's website and saw sweaters but not that exact one and that is the one I wanted.

I saw on a few sites that it was from 2000-2001 so I figured it would be long gone by now.

Do you know if that specific sweater is avaiable online now?

I want this one ... how CUTE is the trench coat?

pBUR-1758386reg.jpg

Awww ... you aren't nuts ... we all do impulsive things. :flwr:

Just have her wear it as much as you can in the fall ... take LOTS of pics of her in it ... and be prepared that she *might* outgrow it. Lucky has outgrown a bunch of his stuff :-( You can't really tell by the size of the parents how large the dog will be - Lucky's parents were 15 & 16 lbs, and he's 19 lbs at 9 months.

Can't wait to see Charlotte in her sweater!

Yep, you're all nuts!! :fool: But go for it!!! I say...if you can do it...then do it!! I won't...but I'll live vicariously through you :lol:

Back