• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppy weight

ferguson63901

our new puppy, Briar will be 16 weeks old tomorrow. He weighted 7.2 pounds at the vet yesterday. I was just wondering if this is a normal weight for a Cavalier at this age. He seems like he might be on the small side when compared to pictures of other puppies.

We love him so much!! He is hands down the smartest, most laid back puppy I have ever seen. I have a feeling that this will be the only breed I will ever own!!

Sarah

That's a fine weight for a puppy his age. At this age he is likely to be roughly half his adult weight if he came from a normal sized litter. But may come out a bit heavier or lighter; it is hard to predict. The breed standard is 13-18 lbs so right now he would end up right in the middle of the breed standard or so.

Back