• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

We met Charlotte Today!!!

Bronte

We had a wonderful visit, Charlotte was everything we had hoped for and more.

She was sweet, calm and not very "mouthy" at all...one of her brothers was a chewing machine! LOL!

My husband however fell in love with her brother Charlie, who was so cute as well. He of course said I had final say but I loved Charlie as well, I would take both if I could...seriously! Charlotte has a perfect "Blen" spot but Charlie has the flatter coat. I don't know if puppy coats are all curly and if so do they straighten? I really don't want a curly coat if I had a choice.

We can only have one so we have to decide.
So who gets your vote?

Charlie:

Charlieface.jpg

Charliebeingheld.jpg

Charlieasleep.jpg

CharlieWink.jpg

Or Charlotte:
CharlotteFace.jpg

Charlotteface2.jpg

Charlotteasleep.jpg

Charlotteandme.jpg

Her "curly" coat...too curly?
Charliecoatback.jpg

Ahh, I can't be of much help..but both are so cute...you know what I'm going to say :lol: --don't compromise, take both! No, I'm just kidding. Well, maybe I'm not... :flwr: . :flwr: I'm sure someone on the forum could put their 2c in when it comes to coats; we got Bianca at 7.5 months so I have no idea what her puppy coat looked like.

They were both adorable!!

Hopefull someone with some idea about heads/coats will see me post. :flwr:

I only had one to pick from, so I got off easy. if your heart isn't set on the girl, then watch them for a bit longer to see which personality you like better. they both have great color and both beautiful.

I personally like Charlie's markings better, they are more full. They completely lose their puppy coat so a judge of their parents would be a better glimsp of how they would end up. The curly coat would probably just end up thicker in the end.

They are both adorable....take both!! Seriously!! Two cavies are so much better than one, and three are so much better than two!!! cl*p

And don't worry, they will both look great in the sweater you bought!!!

Fair warning...you will end up with 2+ eventually...might as well get it over with... icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling

moniechris said:
I personally like Charlie's markings better, they are more full.
Can you please elaborate?

Charlie also has no Blen spot...not a huge factor for me at all. I am more looking for a full/boxy head and if I can get one a thinner blaze.

Either one will look stunning in the sweater so that is not a factor at all. LOL!

Here are a few more photos:

Charlie:
Charliecoatback.jpg

Charlieasleep.jpg

Charlie left Charlotte right:
CharlieandCharlotte.jpg

Charlie Top Charlotte Bottom:
CharlieandCharlotte3.jpg

They are both precious. I personally am in love with Charlotte in that first picture of her ... she's adorable.

I'm not sure about the coat. Lucky's coat was really short and straight and now it is has a bit of wave to it. I agree you really cannot judge what their adult coat will look like from seeing their puppy coat.

Oh ... and since boy dogs typically are a bit larger than the females, your Charlotte is a little more likely to fit into the sweater as an adult dog than Charlie is ;-)

I'm going to state the obvious - it really just depends on who you are drawn to more, and I'm talking mostly about personality. People say you really can't go wrong with ANY Cavalier!!!!! That being said ... I really do have a soft spot in my heart for the perfect blenheim spot that Charlotte has! It looks as if their heads have about the same amount of red vs. white, so that may not be a big factor in your decision ... do you prefer more white or red on the face? Is one bigger sized than the other?

I asked our breeder for a female this time around, because well ... I just DO. :roll: But I know it won't make a smidge of difference.

I can't be any help about the curly coat ... but to me, it looks normal (like someone said above, she may just have a thicker coat).

Oh, and they're both COMPLETELY ADORABLE!!!!!!!! :lotsaluv: :hug:

LOL! The sweater!

Really, their tempermant was very similar, calm and sweet.
They each were content cuddling and then being put down to fall back alseep.
They had one rowdy little brother, he was a handful.

I am leaning toward Charlotte as she is female (my first choice but not final deciding factor) she has great markings and was very sweet.

Some of you know my favourite Cavalier Little mac, if I could just get as close to his look as possible and a sweet personality like him, I'd be in heaven!!

Little Mac:
Perfectpuppylilmac.jpg

Littlemacpuppy.jpg

I like that charlie's markings around his eyes are completely even and cover his eyes in full. His ears also seem to be set a bit higher which make him look alert and perky. That is totally my opinion, so pay no head if you don't agree!

I am a bit partial to the boys because I have two, but I also have my little Zoey, who is the love of my life.

And Lindsay, you couldn't have said it better!!! That was exactly what I was thinking!!! :lol:

Aww they are so cute. I think either one would be a dream to have I would say watch for their personalities more then their looks as well since youre going to be living with the dog and personality is an issue there rather then looks

From the pics and from a superficial standpoint alone I like Charlie a little more I think his face is a bi rounder and thus cuter in my opinion Best of luck choosing youre going to have a hard time doing it ;)

I just looked at the second pics. I prefer Charlotte's markings if I HAD to choose. I dunno - personal preference. She looks perfect to me.

Tough, tough decision! Gorgeous dogs!

They're both so cute!! I really wouldn't be able to decide myself, so I'm really no help. Good luck with the decision, and if you can't decide, just accept the fact that you're getting 2 puppies!! I already wish we had another so Ruby would have a playmate, but we just don't want to have to housetrain 2 puppies at the same time. But, that being said, it would probably be nice to go ahead and get it over with instead of starting the whole process over in a year or so.

Oh man, it's hard to evaluate puppies from pictures. Based on these pictures both Kris and I like Charlie just slightly better.

The marking on his face is more symetrical above the eyes. There appears to be less white showing in his eyes. He isn't showing any sign of freckling like Charlotte is starting to show around her nose; however, that doesn't mean it won't show up later.

Does your breeder have an opinion? I know if we have someone who is trying to decide between 2 pups and they ask us, we will give our honest opinion, along with the disclaimer that anything can change as the puppy grows up. Refresh my memory, are you intending to show in conformation or are you looking for a pet that conforms well to the standard? Because the differences we see are not great if you are not intending to show.

I think a couple others on the board are right. Just accept the fact that you can't have just 1 and take both :D Why fight it?

If I HAD to choose between the two I think I would choose Charlie. There is something about his face that I find very appealing, and I can't tell you what it is! Something about his eyes, I think.

Of course, I go along with what most here say.... two is always better than one!! icon_whistling

One think I do know, whichever one you choose you will be in total love with! :lotsaluv: :wggle:

It is a hard decision that's for sure.

Bruce, thanks for the imput. You made a point that my husband noticed.
Charlie had less white showing in his eyes which made them look less "buggy" (not the best word I know). My husband really doesn't like the look of the wandering eyes.
This is just going to be a pet for us but I have my heart set on a look and temperment that I hope our new puppy will end up with.

I thought about it all night and here are the lists of pros for each puppy:

CHARLIE:
1) Great Temperment, a little more out going and playful
2) Adorable face
3) "Fuller" eyes
4) May be a little larger dog which might be better for a sibling for our Golden male Griffin
5) Was very cuddly
6) Flatter coat
7) My breeder and others have said males are sweeter and more lovable then females as they have no other job but to love you!

CHARLOTTE:

1) Great temperment (very calm) and cuddly
2) Perfect markings (this might count for 2 points)
3) A little girl which I really did want
4) A seemingly perfect face (except the white, wandering eye which might correct)

I am going to go see them again 4 weeks.
They will be 9 weeks at that point, I will spend alot of time there again with both Charlie and Charlotte.

I know I can't go wrong with either, I just want to make the right decision for me and my family!

Both are gorgeous.
But.....I personally like Charlotte's nose better as it seems a more solid black, that just appeals to me....and I love the spot, can't resist that.
But it's a decision where either choice is the "right one", I think.

A few more photos of the cutie pies Charlotte & Charlie:

Charlie:
CharlieSideface.jpg

Charlotte:
ChalotteandTroy-1.jpg

Charlotte on left Charlie Right:
CharlieandCharlotte5.jpg

Back