• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Nasty small coming from my cavaliers bottom :( PLEASE HELP

kaytee576

Hi, I have a seven year old cavalier king Charles called Kaytee..

She is on a food called sensitivity control by waltham (SC24) The vet put her on it when we found her daily sickness was being caused as she was intolerant to almost everything, Since being on the new dry mix vet food she has been a lot better. ;)

But I noticed her poo's are very small Like little pebbles and she always does very small amounts less then she used to...

Then a couple of days ago I thought one of my other girls were in season as I could smell the smell you get with a girl in heat, My two puppies are yet to be spayed and when I checked they have not come into season yet..

Then I checked Kaytee (SHE HAS BEEN SPAYED) After a while I realised the smell was coming from her...But her bottom..
Her anus (outside) looks a little swollen (very slightly) My first thought was that it could be her Anal glands but she isnt showing any signs or anal gland problems like dragging her bottom or biting that area.

Plus the smell seems different to anal sack smalls (if you know what I mean?)
PLEASE HELP THANKS AS IM SO WORRIED :( Should I go to the vets? Or am i panicking about nothing?
xxxx

Yeah I would get her to the vets today. Could be anal glands, but also nasty smell coming from the girls can also be pymetra, where the uterus fills up with puss. Is it possible the foul smell is coming from her vagina & not her anus?

Anyway, off to the vets me think.

Ignore my last post re pymetra.... I'd missed the part about Kaytee being spayed. Sorry. I'd still be going to the vets though.

Let us know what happens eh?

Sounds like she is developing an over-full and potentially an infected anal gland or hs a vaginal infection -- do get her to a vets right away to prevent it rupturing, which is very painful and may require surgical intervention. (y) The right choice is always to get a dog that has anything unusual happening at all to a vet rather than waiting to see. After all you are the one who knows what is normal and not normal and can catch things early before they become serious problems. :)

Remember that it is better for female dog health to be spayed BEFORE they ever go into first heat -- they are at increased risk for mammary cancers if spayed after the first heat, and the more heats, the higher the risk -- which is a one in four chance if unspayed. If they are six months or older, consider getting them in now.

yipee

JUST TO SAY THANKS TO YOU ALL :p
Kaytee went to the vets and it was a packed full anal glands she is all fine in that department now THANKS FOR YOUR HELP XXX

Back