• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Zoey tummy troubles...

We all just got out of bed (having all five dogs sleep with me has been heavenly :lol: ) Michael lets them in when he leaves for work. I hope they don't get too used to this... I am only home for 2 weeks!!

Zoey is romping and playing but she hasn't pooped yet and she has been up for an hour. :? I keep following her around to check but there is no sign of anything. At this point I am happy that she is able to keep food in so I know that she is getting nutrition, but I would like to know if it is working or not!!

hopefully no poop is a good sign :)

I know Faith didn't poop a lot yesterday and Avi was going nuts at me because I kept taking her out every 5 minutes :yikes I think I have the equivalent to OCD when I know she needs to poop and she won't do it icon_whistling

Then she peed on the floor :oops: :sl*p: :sl*p:

Oh well at least I caught her and she finished outside :flwr: too bad it was on that damned area rug

WHY THAT RUG?@ She refuses to pee on the cheap rug! :?

I went out to lunch with my mom today, and it was the first time that I had actually gotten out of my PJ's in 3 days (literally). When I had gotten home, it looks like Zoey pooped on the puppy pad and one of the other's ate it :yuk: so I have no idea if it was diarrhea or not. For god's sakes, this is getting ridiculous. :x

Poor little mite, and poor mummy. Hope this all settles down soon now. It is good that Zoey is still a bit of a wild child even though she has the runs, and that she is putting on weight despite it all. That is always reassuring. Anyway, fingers crossed that the next poo is pick-up-able, rathern than hose-able.

Sara: more often than I would like to admit to. That is what I thought initially got her sick. You would swear that the cat poo in the back yard was like prime rib!!! It is absolutly foul. :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Monica - I feel for you!!! Three days finally getting dressed. Oh yeah, I've periods like that. Do keep us posted...this is getting frustrating for me...I can only imagine how you are feeling :flwr:

Sooooo....Zoey passed a firm poo last night, and this morning. But she has thrown up twice today. :sl*p:

If it isn't one problem its another. When she threw up, it contained a big wad of hair and I just pulled another one out of her mouth. She is driving me crazy because she keeps eating stuff off the floor!!!! AAAAARRG! I am so frustrated!!

awww monica,

Just calm down, take a big deep breath and look at little Zoey!!

She's so cute and precious how could you ever be frusterateD? :flwr:

I'm glad she passed a firm poo - hopefully you won't see any more throwing up and you guys will be feeling better again soon :flwr:

Thank God you were home this week huh! :flwr:

I went through this last year with Tucker and I know how worrying it can be. I found a considerable amount of blood in Tucker's stool. Were it not midnight I would have been at a Vet Hospital with him immediately as it was, I waited until the Vet Office opened at 7:30. The vet put Tucker on Purina Gastro Enteric canned food. He loved it. The Vet also prescribed Flagyl explaining that in addition to it being an anti-biotic it has the side benefit of settling stomach inflammation. I left a stool sample and the tests did not reveal a parasite or a bacterial infection. He got better after a few days. When I first gave Tucker the canned food I only gave him a tablespoon at a time until I saw how well he would tolerate it.

Weeks later he got sick again. Not so much blood but very loose/runny stools. Back to the vet he went, and was again prescribed flagyl. It was around that time that I found this website and began reading posts of people who were talking about their cavalier's sensitive tummies. I made changes to Tucker's diet and he has improved dramatically. He used to have bilish vomit at least weekly, sometimes more, the loose stools came and went. But since his diet changed he has not thrown up once. The only time he has loose stool I can trace it back to what he's eaten that day.

Please keep us posted and let us know how Zoey is doing. We all love her.

Monica,

I don't think I was feeding Tucker enough before. I'm currently feeding him a kibble I found recommended on the Whole Dog Best Food List which Tucker's breeder provided to me. It's Doctors Foster & Smith Chicken and brown rice formula adult dog food (kibble).

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produ...ll&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&N=2001&Nty=1

I realize as a puppy zoey is fed differently but Tucker gets fed twice daily around 3/4 cup to 1 cup total kibble. To that I add/rotate a variety of fresh protein, a sprinkling of boiled chicken, a tablespoon of lowfat cottage cheese, boiled hamburg, a tablespoon of scrambled eggs, a tsp to tbsp of plain lowfat yogurt. I also give him fruit or veggies but not with every meal. I would like to have other kibbles to rotate. At the time I found this one I also purchased Wellness fish and sweet potato but I noticed when Tucker ate that he had loose (not runny) stools.

Thanks Joanne. I feed Wesley, Cody and Stewie the Wellness fish and potato and they do great on it. I just have this horrible feeling about the bag of Innova Evo (I found white flakes in it, and I have never seen them before) so until I get a new bag I am going to try Zoey on the Wellness. I just mixed in a few bits of kibble with the I/D to begin the transition back to normal food.

I will keep everyone posted as to how that goes :roll: . This girl is going to be the death of me.

Monica,
I wish I had come across this earlier....this sounds like what I went through with Arthur...for 3 months. I/D is a godsend, to the point that my vet recommended I keep him on it for 3 full months before trying to switch back. His intestinal track needed a break. We fed 1/4 can of I/D twice a day after he was firm and 3 months later he is thriving. I now supplement with veggies, etc and still no problem. We are hoping to switch to the same food as Dunc soon. We went through the diarhea, fast, ID cycle 3 times before I just gave in and stuck with ID..I am sorry we are here for you.

have you still got the bag of evo and if you have maybe getting it checked out? if others say it shouldnt have white flakes in it then maybe it is contaminated. i dont use this brand but it does sound odd. good luck :flwr:

Zoey is still driving me crazy. Just when I think we have it under control, she goes and eats her poo (or hair off the ground) and vomits. :yuk:

Honestly, I am just going to let this run its course and watch her like a hawk. I am trying to ween her back onto normal food and off of the ID, as her poos are not runny, just extremly soft. She is eating about 5 ice cubes a day so she is fully hydrated+ drinking water from the bowl, so I am hoping this is the worst of it. I was doing some yard work today and found 3 baby bufo toads...I would be willing to put money that she got a hold of one a week ago and it made her ill.

She ran into my room today and peed all over my laundry, as her potty training has gone out the window because I haven't been letting her go outside at all (she uses pee pads, but dad forgot to put one down today :sl*p: ) I am glad she is on the mend, but I am still on poo patrol and constantly pulling stuff out of her mouth.

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences and talking me through this. It really has not been easy. You guys are wonderful!!!!

Not sure if this has already been suggested but why don't you use an x pen for now both inside and outside you can limit the eating nasties and peeing inappropriately ?

Back