• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

We put Mabel to sleep today

I'm so sorry Karin, especially as you had to make the choice. Perhaps Mabel and Izzy , being newcomers at The bridge, will get together.

Karin, I've just seen this thread and didn't know of Mabel's problems. I've been selfishly wrapped up in my own with Wallis.

You have done the ultimate kindness for her out of love. Allow yourself the luxury of grief, because your girl deserves it. Such a hard decision to make. I'm sure that you did the best thing.

Thinking of you as you remember all the good times together. But you did the best you could in terms of loving and letting go. Hugs,

P and B

Karin,

I just saw this thread, words can not even begin to express how sorry I am for your loss.

She's in a better place without pain, you did the best thing for her.

:flwr: :flwr:

:cry*ing: :( Karin, my heart just stopped when I saw your post. I am so very very sorry for your loss of your beautiful little muffin Mabel.
You did good by your little girl; you gave her every chance and I know from reading your posts, just how much you love her. I wish I could find words to take away the pain that's in your heart right now. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers at this heartbreaking time.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
:flwr:

Oh Karin, I'm so sorry. Watching you on the video you were such a wonderful mom to little Mabel, so sweet and loving with her. She lived her life knowing she was very loved. :flwr:

This has been on my mind ever since I read it earlier today, and I just can't shake it. I know how sad you are and there are no words that can help you with the pain and loss that you feel.

I so wish that there was something that could be said or done to help. I would take part of your sadness myself if I could. I didn't see your video, but the posts I read showed that you did so much for your girl. And in the end all we can do is just - all we can do.

You are being kept in my thoughts and prayers.

Karin, we are thinking of you at this time, We cannot imagine what you are going through but be assured that you did everything possible to ease her sufferring. She was lucky to have you and you were lucky to have her. She is at peace now and she will always be with you in your heart and in your wonderful memories. Good luck and know that everyone here feels your pain and loss. xox

Dear Karin,

I am so sorry for your loss of little Mabel. Words cannot express the feelings of loss without her by your side. You have given her your love and with that love you have given her peace.

Dear Karin,
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your wee Mabel. You both put up a valiant struggle. These little furkids get into our hearts where they occupy a huge spot. When we lose one, they leave an enormous "hole." She was young. And Lovely.
She's in no misery now at Rainbow Bridge.

:flwr: Take care.
Dorothy and Omlette
The Little Dickens at Rainbow Bridge *ng*l

:( :( Oh Karin, i cant imagine what you must be going through!! i am so terribly sorry for your loss of Mabel! My heart went cold when i read your post :shock: Letting her go was the most loving thing you couldve done for her..she is now at peace...

Wil be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers *ng*l :flwr:

Take Care :flwr:

Karin, I am sooo sorry for your family. I saw the video and it really tore at my heart. I know you did the right thing for Mabel, It really is the hardest thing to do, I had to do the same thing with our Rocky and he died in my arms even though it was hard to let him go his suffering was gone and he seamed at peace,( I'm sure you feel the same way)
judy

I am so sorry for your loss - I've been following your posts regarding Mabel's condition, and was hoping she was doing better. I know you did the right thing in letting her go rather than having her suffer. We're all here for you.

Thinking of you Karin at such a sad time. You did your very best for your little Mabel, she is no lonmger suffering now and is able to play and run and snooze to her hearts content at the bridge with no pain :flwr:

oh karin i'm so sorry to hear of your loss. i'm sure that little mabel left a huge hole in your heart and you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. :hug: :hug: :hug:

you were such a loving mommy to mabel and i'm sure that she was comforted every waking moment by your love and attention. i hope that memories of her good times will comfort you throughout this time.

run free at the bridge mabel *ng*l

k

shedding a tear as i read all these postings to you. mabel was loved and cherished and is now in a restfull place free of pain. my thoughts are with you. :flwr:

My thoughts are with you at this sad time. We all understand how hard the decision is even when we know its the right one. Take care Karin, you will keep your memories of her always.

So sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts. :flwr: I think you did the right thing. Is very hard to see them go. Hugs.

Karin , I just seen this thread now so sorry for your loss :( . I watched your video of Mabel last week but was too upset to post as I could offer no advice :cry*ing: .
You have done the best you could for your little girl. Take care.

Rest easy now Darling Mabel *ng*l

Back