• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

We put Mabel to sleep today

Mabel's Mom

After talking with a neurologist who reviewed Mabel's videos of her episodes, our vet told us she most likely has a tumor on her brainstem. That is why her seizures were associated with sleep and respiratory problems. We couldn't watch her suffer anymore. She has been the best dog we could have asked for. We put her to sleep in our arms. We feel completely empty and brokenhearted. But she won't have anymore seizures and can rest in peace.
Thank you all for you kindness and support. Pass around the doggie treats in honor of Mabel.
Karin :(

:flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

I am so, so sorry. It is very clear how much you loved and cared for her. I know she will continue to enrich your lives with many happy memories when the pain lessens. Give yourselves lots of time and know many of us will be thinking of you and of Mabel right now.

I'm so sorry Karin, how heartbreaking for you. You really did everything you could. Such a sad story of a beautiful girl.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I just watched the video you had posted of Mabel. It is heartbreaking she had to suffer. Now she is at rest and it won't be happening anymore.

:hug: :flwr:

I am so sorry for your loss of Mabel. You gave her so much love and today in love you freed her from illness. The death of a wonderful dog is so difficult for those who were in that circle of love. Take care.

I am so sorry about your loss. I have followed Mabel's troubles and hopefully she is at peace now, although I know it must have been difficult for you. You are in all of our thoughts.

Hugs and prayers to you all :( !
How very brave your little girl!
How very heartbreaking for you :( ....

Nancy
Teddy and sweet, little Katydid

I am so very sorry Karin. You have done the ultimate act of love, both in ending Mabel's suffering and being with her right to the end. May your heart mend, leaving you with the happy memories.

I will light a candle for Mabel tonight when I get home from work.

Karin,

I'm so sorry to hear this but you clearly had a very special dog in Mabel. I'm sure she gave you so many happy memories and you were able to give here the peaceful passing she deserved. It is a difficult time but ultimately those wonderful memories of your time with Mabel will last a lifetime.

My thoughts are with you and your family. Cooper and Fergus send lots of cavie hugs and kisses. :flwr:

So sorry for your loss Karin. She is now running pain free. *ng*l Hugs to you and your family.

Karin I'm so sorry for your loss. God bless Mabel and your entire family. She is at peace, pain free and over the rainbow bridge.

Oh Karin, I am so sorry. Remember the happy moments you shared with Mabel, she knew how loved she was. Give yourself time, we are all here for you.

Renee :flwr:

Oh, no. I am so very sorry for this painful loss. Mabel is in peace now, and that's all that matters. You gave her a beautiful life. Tons of hugs to you. :hug:

Oh Karin, I am so sorry, I have just now seen this thread. You had the ultimate love for Mabel by letting her go, and ending her suffering. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. She was a special girl and much loved by you and your family. RIP little Mabel *ng*l

Oh Karin...I am so very sorry for you loss. I've thought about Mabel so much the past few days. The video of her is just stuck in my mind...breaks my heart every time I think of it. She was obviously in distress. I think you did the most unselfish possible thing in letting her go to the bridge. She is no longer in pain. Bless your heart....hugs and warm wishes coming to you.

Cathy T said:
Oh Karin...I am so very sorry for you loss. I've thought about Mabel so much the past few days. The video of her is just stuck in my mind...breaks my heart every time I think of it. She was obviously in distress. I think you did the most unselfish possible thing in letting her go to the bridge. She is no longer in pain. Bless your heart....hugs and warm wishes coming to you.

I coudln't have said it better than Cathy. :flwr: I've been frequently logging onto this site for updates of mabel. I am so sorry Karin *HUGZ*. We're all here when you need us :flwr:

Back