Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bad potty and destructive behavior!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there....he will get it all figured out when he gets older. I can't remember....you had him checked out at the vet too, he doesn't have a urinary tract infection or anything does he? Just a thought....that probably isn't it anyway. Once a dog pees in a certain spot it is SO hard to keep them from going there again. He no doubt associates peeing with his kennel now. Can you try keeping him in a puppy playpen instead of the kennel?
    ~Renee, Bailey & Maddie, and RIP my beloved Bentley.

Post Thanks / Like

Well we don't just keep him in the kennel, we block off the entire kitchen, and leave his kennel in there for comfort. He just runs in there to pee, stinker!
    Kelly ~ Charlie (M Tri)

Post Thanks / Like

Kelly, I am laughing with you not at you!! Kelly brought Indy and Charlie over for a visit yesterday. He is the cutest dang boy in the whole wide world!!! Indy is such a sweet little girl...and so tolerant of his puppy antics. But the kicker is....I told her we needed to watch him in the house (I've had several boys mark in the house...on top of which he is a puppy, right?!) So.... no sooner are the words out of my mouth than Jake walks over and pees on my silk tree!!! Listen buddy...the little guy knows how to go potty...he doesn't need you to show him!!

I was really impressed that out of about 3 hours he didn't potty once in the house. He did go on the grass outside (and dribbled across the patio ). He is such a little pistol.

Hang in there Kelly...he's just too smart for his own good. You have such a good way with both of them you will figure this out!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Guess who went to the door today, and made the little "urf" noise, then good pottied (#2) outside!?!?!!!

I'm so proud right now.
    Kelly ~ Charlie (M Tri)

Post Thanks / Like

I laid some papers down with the "good potty" spray this weekend, and Charlie peed and poo'd on them! I'm such a happy mommy.
    Kelly ~ Charlie (M Tri)

Post Thanks / Like

That is great news! I know some people will even take a bit of the soiled paper outside to let the puppy know its ok to go there to (plus you can try spraying the grass when you first get out there. It's a nice feeling when they start to get a connection - isnt it!

Post Thanks / Like

So glad everything is getting better. Ruby went through the same thing. She would run right back to the door and go potty as soon as she got back in the house. She still tries to come back in before pottying at night because she gets a little freaked out when it's dark outside and there's different noises. I just have to reassure her that she's okay, and she'll calm and go potty. However, she's only had one accident this week (tonight) after she had the zoomies. She's been whining by the door to go out for the past few weeks, but she still doesn't have the whole thing down perfectly. She's getting there, and so will your sweet little man!! Good luck with the training!!
    Jessica, mom to Ruby, 1 yr. old blenheim