• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Is Lily too thin???

Hi Shay

With Harvey being of the same age, I weighed him and measured him and he is 14 inches from the floor to his shoulders and he weighs 13lbs. Last time I took him to the vets i asked about his weight as i was a little concerned. She weighed him and said he was perfect for his size.

They not only look alike i think they are about the same size too. I am going to ask my breeder if she imported him :lol: :lol:

Anna (Mum of Harvey)

Harvey's Mum said:
They not only look alike i think they are about the same size too. I am going to ask my breeder if she imported him :lol: :lol:

Anna (Mum of Harvey)

:lol: :lol: I know, I should ask my breeder if Lily was imported from England.

shay lily is just lovely! indy has exactly the same build---he's about 14 pounds at one year and i'm pretty sure he's stopped growing. i always wonder if he is too thin, especially when i meet other slightly stockier cavaliers, but the vets are always very happy when they weigh him and he was last weighed about a month ago.

i'd agree with the others---feed her a bit more if she is hungry, but the vets will be the best folks to tell you if she is too thin or just the right size.

k

Thanks Kim....My Vet has 3 other Cavs who he tells me are all obese, and he hates it. He said they have all kinds of medical problems becasue of it. He tends to like them on the slender side for this reason. She is due for a checkup, so I will ask him what he thinks, but I know he will probably say she is fine. I just started thinking becasue she always seems so hungry that I wasn't feeding her enough. I have increased her food by a little over a 1/4 cup. Hopefully this will satisfy the little piglet. ;)

We have noticed that since Maddy was spayed she is filling out a little and seems to eat a little more.
Pam

Hi Pam.....When I had Lily at the Vet yesterday, I asked him he thought she was too thin. He said he did think she was on the lean side. This was not my regular Vet who likes Cavs leaner. I have increased her food form 1 cup a day to 1.5 cups a day. She has now gone from 2 poops a day to 3, but that's o.k. What goes in must come out :lol:

Back