• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Thank you all so much

Mabel's Mom

Thank you all for your outpouring of kindness and support. Your words have been a great comfort to us. It helps to know that you all understand how much I loved my sweet little girl and how unbelievably hard it was to let her go. Whatever room I was in, she was beside me. I look down and expect to see those big brown eyes or hear her not-so-delicate snore....and I miss her. We've spent the day crying and reminicing. She would throw her head back, pucker her lips and howl when the mailman walked by. It was just the cutest thing. She would lick our noses until we thought the skin would come off. I'd give anything for a nose lick now. I know we did the right thing in ending her suffering, but it doesn't lessen the emptiness and pain. We will never forget the angel that God let us love for awhile.
Thanks again. It appears that cavalier owners are as kind and caring as their dogs.
Karin

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Those of us that have been in your shoes Karin, know only too well what you are going through right now - we are here for you.........

:flwr: :flwr:

If it should be ...
If it be I grow frail and weak,
And pain should wake me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle can’t be won.
You will be sad, I’ll understand,
Don’t let your grief then stay your hand,
For this day more than all the rest,
Your love and friendship stand the test.
We’ve had so many happy years,
What is to come will hold no fears,
You’ll not want me to suffer, so,
When the time comes, please let me go.
I know in time, you too will see,
It is a kindness you do me,
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering, I’ve been saved.
Do not grieve that it should be you,
Who has to decide this thing to do
We’ve been so close, we two, these years,
Don’t let your heart hold any tears.

Karin, I know what you are going through and I thought I'd never get over it. It's so hard. I'm glad you have spent today enjoying her memory. I think that only other "dog people" really understand how important these little beings are in our lives--and what they contribute to our families. They leave such a big hole when they are gone. Cavaliers are so special because they let us know in no uncertain terms how much they need us, too. I loved your description of Mabel's nose-licking.

Your Mabel was special in her own right, and always will be, and was so fortunate to have had such a caring mom and family.

Always here for you, :flwr:

It will get better believe me but it does take time....I still miss my girls so much but the tears do turn to smiles as you remember them and the wonderful times that you had toether.

Only a person that has loved and lost a dog can ever understand the loss and the hole in your heart when they have gone.

Be gentle on yourself,

Alison xxx.

Just last night I was talking to hubby about the way Lily wags her tail, and then about the way Chloe, my Lhasa who I lost in January, had such a different wag. It made me tear up, and I missed her so much at that moment. Sometimes I laugh at the memories, sometimes they make me cry. It is all in the process I guess. But I wouldn't trade any of the memories of her. Mabel will always be in your heart. It does get easier with time, but we all know how hard it is to make the decision to let them go. We are here for you :flwr:

Our little Maddy has helped heal the loss of our yorkie last June.
She is not Winston, but we are so close to her and love her so much.
I cannot bear the thought of not having her. My best wishes are with you and I truly feel your pain.
Pam

Karin:

I don't think there's anything I can say to lessen your pain or fill your emptiness. We went through this a few years ago when Denise had to put her 16-year-old shih tzu, Molly, to sleep. You'll never replace sweet little Mabel, but over time your sadness will give way to all your cherished memories of her.

At first Denise could not even think about getting another dog. But now we can't imagine life without Annie.

Annie will get a big spoonful of peanut butter tonight in Mabel's honor.

Dave

*ng*l

Just reading your post and everyone else's posts makes me tear up. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved animal friend. I still get teary-eyed over my Poodle Skipper, and my pet house-rabbit Bun Bun. But, time does heal your heart, even if it is just a little bit.

:flwr:

Mabel

Karin....

I had watched your heartbreaking video earlier this week but didn't see your message about Mabel's death until tonight. I am very sad for all of you. I know well the sadness of losing a companion cavalier as I have gone through it twice in the last seven months. It is very very hard and I hope that you do take comfort in knowing that there are many of us here in the cyberworld who grieve with you. I know that I did. As others have said you gave her a great gift by easing her pain and suffering.

Margaret

My goodness, I really don't know what to say to bring you comfort. I saw your other posts and the video of Mabel and then this post. I was just so heartbroken for you. :( I can't imagine what you are feeling right now, but Mabel had a wonderful life with you, so much love and care. She is at peace now and i'm sure she thanks you for giving her the best life you could and helping to relieve her from suffering. Many of us have had to experience the loss of a beloved pet, you are never alone here. :flwr:

Back