• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

saying hello to random cavaliers

My baby has been going to work with my MIL a few days a week and he already has a fan club. It's just impossible to resist those little Cavalier faces.

The first Cavalier I saw (3 years ago) was owned by a retired couple. I squealed so loud I scared myself!! :yikes Luckily they were the nicest people on earth ... they were so proud of their little blenheim baby that they just wanted to talk and talk and talk (and I was all ears!) ... finally my fiance (now hubby) pulled me away ...a significant amt. of time later. :lol:

The second I saw was right before we decided to get a dog and Cavaliers had definitely come up in conversation. Last fall I saw a tri named Tiffany at an outdoor mall. CUTEST little thing. Her owner wasn't the friendliest person on earth, but I gushed and gushed over her anyway. Straight after that, I came home and started researching breeders, and the rest is history!

I've run into many Cavaliers in So Cal the last year, if I'm in certain places. Some people want to talk about them, some don't. I can't help but be embarrassed when people blow me off icon_blshing It's definitely happened more than once, and I feel like a moron!!! :lol: I did run into a ruby the other day (my first) and her owner and I chit-chatted for awhile.

We can totally relate! When we were first looking into the breed, we read everything we could about them but there really aren't that many where I live. We went down to Florida and saw them EVERYWHERE! We were so enamored of them that we approached everyone to ask about their dogs. Most were very kind and allowed us to 'gush' over their dog.

Since we've owned Bianca, Mike and I have found out that we're now in the opposite position! We have to leave extra time on our walks, errands, etc. because no matter where we go, someone lets out a 'cry' and has to come over and talk to us. It's getting to the point that we're considering handing out cards with all the pertinent information 'Bianca, 8 months old...' etc. But we figured it's all in the name of owning such a beautiful and lovely breed! We're not socializing Bianca, she's socializing US! I've never met so many people in my neighborhood before. They come pouring out of their houses! So, hear that wanna-be puppy owners...be prepared for some attention!!! :D -Natalie

I'd only seen one Cavalier where I live while I was out running errands, that was before I got Bentley, and I had never seen one "in person", and when I turned around to try and find them they were gone. But, whenever I take Bentley with me anywhere, I always get asked "what kind of dog is that?", and people just go nuts over him. There are getting to be a few Cavaliers here in my area, but they are still pretty rare around here. I always enjoy telling people how wonderful Cavaliers are!

:D

Soon after I got Toby, and on one of the very rare times I didn't have him with me, I was in PetSmart and saw a woman with a Cavalier. Being a typical Newbie, I just gushed all over her, how excited I was to see another Cavalier, how I had just gotten one, etc blah blah, and she looked at me like I was pond scum and walked away, pretty much without even acknowledging I was there, much less spoken to her.

Talk about tucking your tail between your legs and slinking away :huh:

A few months later I was at PetSmart with Toby and a young woman came up to me and said, "OH IS THAT A KING SPANIEL...I've never seen one in person before, I've only seen them on TV."

I told her yes, he is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and that I had never seen one in person before I got him. I was so excited, I would have talked to her for hours, but she just said, he sure is cute, and walked away. :sl*p:

I can't seem to win. LOL

Cathy T said:
I can't tell you how many times I've done this!! With varying results :roll: I knew there was a woman locally who had 3. And sure enough...I found her. Saw her walking all three, drove to the top of the hill, hung a u-turn, went back down the hill, turned around again...and finally met her! She was so kind and sweet and understanding....even after I explained I had "stalked" her. Last week met a woman with a puppy...told her I had two at home...and she showed no interest at all. Tucked my tail and went home.

Oh, just give the new puppy owner about a week and she'll be nutty like the rest of us! icon_whistling

I get so excited when I see others with Cavalier's in my area. I am guilty of the car stalk myself. I was on my way home last week from work and saw a couple walking a beautiful blen... turned my car around (i was literally 30 feet from my house) and rolled down my window to say what a beautiful dog and that we have one too... needless to say... now we have a cavie friend in the neighborhood and are getting together once the weather decides to get nicer!

Back