• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Another Lily question: Updated From Vet Visit

Thanks Lindsay and Sara.....I'm glad she is o.k. too. Just hope she is not having a false pregnancy. I don't know if I can take 9 more weeks of crazy hormones. :?

Kodee said:
Oh my, you are having quite a time with this heat - but I suppose so is poor Lily. I recommend... a drink! It will be over soon - oh how so easy to say but not so easy for you to wait for it to happen!

I think a drink is definitely in order. Too bad poor little Lil, can't have one. :roll: . I so understand why people have their dogs spayed before they ever go in heat. This is not fun :*gh: But he did say that her vulva looks like it will now be an outtie, so it was worth it (y).

Shay said:
Kodee said:
Oh my, you are having quite a time with this heat - but I suppose so is poor Lily. I recommend... a drink! It will be over soon - oh how so easy to say but not so easy for you to wait for it to happen!

I think a drink is definitely in order. Too bad poor little Lil, can't have one. :roll: . I so understand why people have their dogs spayed before they ever go in heat. This is not fun :*gh: But he did say that her vulva looks like it will now be an outtie, so it was worth it (y).
Well, then a drink is called for to get you through this, then one for Lily cause she cant and the third because you have to celebrate the vulva turn out (intended pun too)! Whoot to your Friday night!

But your posts have helped me. I was thinking of risking it and waiting till Kodee was about 6.5 mths. She is having a hernia repair at the same time so will most likely be kept over night. I was going to do it then instead of the planned 5.5 mths because my oldest graduates from university and I dont know what to do with her that day I am out of town. But after reading you trial and tribulations - ummm nope 5.5 mths it is - I will take her on the day trip and find a friend of my daughters down there to watch her for the ceremony who is not graduatiing!

I think you are making a good decision. Aside from all of the other stuff that we are dealing with, I was also stressed every time I took her outside to potty, and my little girl would not have had to go through all the changes she has gone through at only 6 mos old. Waiting on hubby to get back from Atlanta so we can begin our weekend :w**h**:. Shall it be a bloody mary or wine? icon_nwunsure

So glad that Lily is OK! A false pregnancy can have some very weird symptoms if it turns out to be that. Second the 3 drink idea!

Hi Shay...Glad Lily is ok...and I hope all these heat issues ends sooner rather than later for you and Lily! :flwr:

Shay, I had two Friday lunchtime Margaritas for you! I am glad that Lily will be ok...and maybe just in time for our first B'ham play date!!

I am very glad to hear that there's nothing really wrong with Lily, but it's really too bad if she's going to put you through this for weeks more on end! I hope that she doesn't actually go through a false pregnancy--for your sake! That could be a long haul

In the meantime, thank goodness it's the weekend, so...Cheers!!!!

Thanks everybody. Just got finished putting the cold compresses on Lily and boy did she love that, NOT! Hubby is home and we are sitting on the deck having a nice cold liquid refreshment. Have a great weekend all!

Don't be too concerned about the antibiotics. They are often given prophylactically for anything that might leave them open to infection - one such case would be a dental.

Glad to hear she's okay. I went to a movie to celebrate for you. And to Sam's where I bought Marley and Me. Now it's 7:00, I've got to feed the birds and going to bed sounds pretty good right now! (Except House is on tonight - always something!)

Hi Shay

Glad to hear its not too serious. I hope its not a false pregnancy and just hormones.

I will have a drink and think of you today.

I'm the opposite my husband has gone to London this weekend to watch the first official football match at the new wembley stadium. I see a bottle of wine and a soft girly movie with my name on it. :lol: :lol:

Have a great weekend

Anna (Mum of Harvey)

Shay, I'm so glad that Lily is alright. Too bad the hormones are still a-go though. Sure hope you don't have 9 more weeks of this!! :)

Hi Shay!
I feel like I am working on borrowed time with Katydid....I don't want to have her spayed until she is a year old.....
Her mom and grandmom did not have their first season until they were 15 months old.
Katydid will be 10 months old on April 8th...I have the last week of April off and I am considering getting it DONE then.
I wanted to hold off because I think it is best for her body development.

But after listening to your hardships, I am seriously considering the end of April. Oh boy. :roll:

My best to your sweet Lily :flwr: !

Nancy
Teddy and sweet, little Katydid

Hi Anna...... hope you enjoyed your girlie night. I have those during the week when Hubby is out of town, just me a little Lil.

Thanks Zippy!!

Hi Nancy.....Maybe because Lily is so young, (don't know if that has anthing to do with it our not) she has had all of these issues. IMHO, if Lily would not have had the vulva problem, I would have had her spayed before her first heat. She has not dealt with it well, but she is still very puppy like in her personality. Other dogs probably do just fine. My Lhasa went through one cycle before I had her spayed, and she did fine with no problems what so ever. I think she was probably almost a year old when she went in heat. I guess it just depends on the doggy. Give sweet Little Katydid a hug from Lily.

Shay, that sounds like quite a time! I'm really glad Lily is all right..and I hope you enjoyed a couple of Bloody Mary's or margaritas on Friday night... :D . I tell you, I will also be glad when this is over!! -Natalie :flwr:

hi shay how is lily feeling after the weekend? the poor girl has had a rough time with her first heat. i think our doggies even have a tougher time than we do :(

k

Back