• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Spencer

I stand corrected, it is 90 pills for 11.40 not 90 days. icon_whistling
That being said, we called around and oddly enough it was a locally owned pharmacy that had the cheapest price. The other chain pharmacies ranged from $25-$50.

When the Dr. suggested lyrica, it would have been $180 a month :yikes a whopping $2 per pill x3 a day. I asked if we could try it for 10 days, and it ended up not helping anyways.

Nicki/Alison

Do you get tagamet/cimetedine from your vet? I don't think you can buy it over the counter in the UK, can you? We'd like to try Emma on it as she's not doing brilliantly at the moment.
Best wishes
Janine

You can't get tagamet/cimetidine over the counter in the UK or Ireland. Hence when I was in the US I grabbed the chance to pick it up over the counter and cheaply. :) Thinking back I think I actually got the 50 pills for 6-7 -- the brand tagamet was more like $10 for 50. IT sure is worth calling around because independent pharmacists do often have drugs cheaper.

Lyrica is a stronger variation of gabapentin -- it may be less to give one of those rather than several of the gabapentin doses. My mom used Lyrica for a while and found it knocked her out. Some say the same with dogs -- but others have good reports (for dogs needing really strong pain relief).

Janine, I get a prescription from my vet for Tagamet {Cimetidine}, and then take it to my local pharmacy - there is a standard prescription charge which is currently £6.65 - I get 120 tablets for that. Obviously this will go up slightly in April...

The Gabapentin comes directly from my vet - it varies considerably in price even from month to month - I've paid from as little as just over £15 to as much as £50 for 100 tablets...

Hi Janine, :flwr:

I get the Steroids, Gabapentin and Tagamet from the vet and they bill the insurance normally monthly for me. I just pick it up around the 1st of the month when she has a little check up.
I like to have her weighed and her heart checked and also a quick chat about any concerns with the SM etc.
I will find the invoice and see how much they charge.

Alison.

Back