• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

About Wallis

Crittercall

I just realized that I should really be posting this under Health and Diet. Next time I'll do that!

We got the results from the blood sent to the University of North Carolina. I'm learning more about blood than I've ever wanted to know.

The bottom line on this one is that one of the tests they ran showed the possibility of her having erhlicia, although they could not prove it positively. So she's on doxycycline twice a day for 30 days. We will have a platelet count done in 2 weeks and again when she is through with the meds.

Erhlicia is caused by the brown tick, which is prevalent in Florida. And we don't have enough really cold weather to freeze ticks or fleas and get rid of them. The dr said it isn't something that he sees every day, but he sees it often enough that he felt that it warranted testing for it.

My hope is that this gets the platelets doing the right thing and maybe she can have surgery to remove the cancerous tumor on her side. She hasn't felt very good the past couple of days - it makes my blood run cold when I have to start searching the house for her, afraid of what I might find.

So, let's hope that nothing eventful happens with her in the next two weeks and then we'll have another platelet count to update.

Please Keep us informed I was thinking about you and was looking for a up date hope everthing goes OK ----Aileen and the gang(Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, Wallis. (and paws). Ehrlichiosis is indeed somewhat rare, at least around here, in my opinion. I did my residency at University of North Carolina so I'm glad Wallis's blood went to an excellent place!! :D -Natalie
ps go Tarheels.

Your vet sounds really great - it must bring some assurance. I hope the medicene brings about good results over the next bit! Tell yourself to not do that tip toeing in the house! I had those little nervous thoughts when I heard Jessie move about too much at night or walked by her bed and peaked if she'd been sleeping a long time. Being too intuned is not good for your health. Have tea instead - I drink alot of tea as of late :lol: its my solution to everything :sl*p:

I agree with Debbie Donna - don't do the tippie toe thing - it is bad for your health!!!

My fingers are crossed for Wallis. Thank God if she has something from a tick it's going to be treatable. Keep us posted Donna. Nice to hear regular updates from her.

My offer still stands if you need to talk! :flwr:

Back