Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My little slice of heaven - At the request of Kodee

Post Thanks / Like

Caraline I'm in awe. I've never seen some of these birds species or the echidna. It looks a bit like our porcupine. You're an amazing photographer. It's like you're living in a wildlife preserve. Do your dogs and the kangaroos ever come face to face?
    Mum to Tucker, born May 14, 2005

Post Thanks / Like

What amazing photos!! The colors are just awe inspiring!! Flat out gorgeous!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne M
    Do your dogs and the kangaroos ever come face to face?
    These days they can share the backyard in harmony but that was not always the case. Our Scarlett (aka Ferral Face) would chase anything that moved, so we used to have to call her in if we knew the roos were about. Now that she is older she couldn't be bothered. If the dogs move too near, the roos will pop over the fence & away. My Boxers are now extremely animal friendly. When I throw grated cheese on the ground for the Swamp Hens, they will all stand side by side snaffling up the cheese. The Cavaliers are still learning that the wildlife are is fair game here, but they are learning.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness I just saw this thread tonight! I cant believe someone gets to have kangaroos in their backyard! To me that is like teddy bears living on your property. Mind you, I could live without some of the other creatures - reptiles would freak me a tad out on a daily basis!

Thanks I really enjoyed these - you lucky gal you!

Post Thanks / Like

You live in paradise!
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

you lucky thing! arent they beautiful

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh that brings back memories. Especially the Goanna

I spent some time there nearly ten years ago at surfers. Our friends had a wild goanna that they used to feed everyday. The next-door neighbour was always moaning that because our friend fed Lenny the lizard (original I know ) he would not eat the snails in his garden.

Well we went always for a week up to the barrier reef and on the first day back at the house old Lenny comes up close to us, much closer than he had every been to a human and bites my mum on her little toe! Just a small bite to let us know he was there.

Well I nearly fell of the chair from laughing, seems Lenny had missed us so much he hadn’t bother to eat and biting my mums toe was his way of telling us he wanted food NOW.

He was renamed Jaws after that.
    Davy, SinE&Ella
    & sometimes Cassie the cocker AKA 'the black shadow''

~Blind Dogs See With Their Hearts♥~
    My cavalier not spoilt...I'm just well trained!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Davy, that reminds me of something we did back when we were not quite as.... er.... aware of what animals need. We had a large blue tongue lizard that owned us & came into the kitchen for a bit of a bludge. One Christmas afternoon we were all sitting on the back step eating this scrumptious Chrissy cake my mother had made, & was soaked in loads of rum & brandy [hic]. The bluey came up bludging & without thinking of the consequences we were rolling up little balls of cake & giving to him to eat. About 15 minutes later he started acting really strange, rolling all around the place & thrashing on his back. Then he just went really still. At first we thought we had murdered him & felt so dreadful. We though he'd choked, but then we realised that he was pi**ed as a newt and just needed to sleep it off. We know better now, what not to feed to the wildlife.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wonderful photos! And your dogs are lovely.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)