Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ollie peed on my bed!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ollie peed on my bed!

Ok I admit it being my fault, I wasn't watching but I didn't think he would actually PEE on my BED!

Yuck Yucky Yuck!

How do I get it out? It's quite a big ol' pee! The smell, yuck! This is the same bed I've had since I was 3, so let me tell you it's not the first time it's been peed on. Any ideas on getting the smell out?

Thanks!

Emily

Oh and I'm not too worried about the training aspect, I just didn't take him out in time!

Edited to add: It's my bed time VERY soon! It's late here and I need to rest, but I can't go to sleep on doggy wizz! Any help asap will be much appreciated
    Emily and Ollie (29/10/06)

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Emily,

but it will have to go through the machine...you will need to get the smell/scent removed really well or else he just might go back for another visit!

Alison.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am afraid all you can do is soak the area well with an enzymatic cleaner and let the mattress air and dry, which will probably take several days.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

A matress through a washing machine? Now thats hopeful! Its very late so I just soaked it in water and lay a towel over thee top... mum can deal with it in the morning. I've taken the sheet off the matress though. Thanks!
    Emily and Ollie (29/10/06)

Post Thanks / Like

Emily,

I really feel for you Try and dab as much of the wee out as you can & then soak the area with enzymatic cleaner. Again dab as much as you can away and then maybe put some thick towels over the area so you can at least go to bed.

Not sure if drying with a hairdryer after the cleaner would alter its effectiveness or not. You could always try it.

I remember having to do this a few years ago at bedtime when my eldest son discovered that my friend's 2 yr old daughter who was being potty trained at the time had peed on his bed He was NOT impressed!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Emily I am sorry!!

Faith peed on mine several weeks ago.

THank God for those waterproof mattress covers!! It really saved my bed!!
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ollie peed on my bed!

Quote Originally Posted by cavalicious
    It's quite a big ol' pee! The smell, yuck! This is the same bed I've had since I was 3, so let me tell you it's not the first time it's been peed on.
    LOL I'm sorry for laughing it's not at your discomfort it's at the quote above LOL !!!!

Without a complete laundering I think you did the best you could for the moment. I'm guessing your mum has probably already dealt with a more complete solution by now.

I'm one of seven children, my baby sister Maura was a bed wetter, and often after she wet her bed, she crawled into mine and wet mine too. I feel your pain!
    Mum to Tucker, born May 14, 2005

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Emily,

I never saw anywhere in your post that it was the mattress, I thought, quite wrongly, that it was only the top covers like the blankets or duvet that you were talking about....

Poor old Mum hey!

Alison

Post Thanks / Like

I've had my bed "marked" quite heavily by a doggie visitor as well as a small tinkle by new pup Charlie. I can only highly recommend either a high quality or waterproof mattress cover. It won't save your sheets but it will stop the pee from seeping through to the mattress and leave a lasting odor. I feel your pain!
    Lenee
    Mom to Charlie (tri-color boy born on 12/29/06)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ollie peed on my bed!

Quote Originally Posted by cavalicious
    This is the same bed I've had since I was 3, so let me tell you it's not the first time it's been peed on. Any ideas on getting the smell out?
    I've never laughed so hard! That was priceless! a bottle of enzyme cleaner poured comes it mind and a good 2 days to dry out after!