• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ollie peed on my bed!

cavalicious

Ok I admit it being my fault, I wasn't watching but I didn't think he would actually PEE on my BED! :yikes

Yuck Yucky Yuck! :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

How do I get it out? It's quite a big ol' pee! The smell, yuck! This is the same bed I've had since I was 3, so let me tell you it's not the first time it's been peed on. Any ideas on getting the smell out?

Thanks!

Emily :flwr:

Oh and I'm not too worried about the training aspect, I just didn't take him out in time!

Edited to add: It's my bed time VERY soon! It's late here and I need to rest, but I can't go to sleep on doggy wizz! Any help asap will be much appreciated

Sorry Emily,

but it will have to go through the machine...you will need to get the smell/scent removed really well or else he just might go back for another visit!

Alison.

I am afraid all you can do is soak the area well with an enzymatic cleaner and let the mattress air and dry, which will probably take several days.

A matress through a washing machine? Now thats hopeful! ;) Its very late so I just soaked it in water and lay a towel over thee top... mum can deal with it in the morning. I've taken the sheet off the matress though. Thanks! :flwr:

Emily,

I really feel for you :flwr: Try and dab as much of the wee out as you can & then soak the area with enzymatic cleaner. Again dab as much as you can away and then maybe put some thick towels over the area so you can at least go to bed.

Not sure if drying with a hairdryer after the cleaner would alter its effectiveness or not. You could always try it.

I remember having to do this a few years ago at bedtime when my eldest son discovered that my friend's 2 yr old daughter who was being potty trained at the time had peed on his bed :yikes He was NOT impressed!!!!

Oh Emily I am sorry!!

Faith peed on mine several weeks ago.

THank God for those waterproof mattress covers!! It really saved my bed!! :flwr:

cavalicious said:
It's quite a big ol' pee! The smell, yuck! This is the same bed I've had since I was 3, so let me tell you it's not the first time it's been peed on.

LOL I'm sorry for laughing it's not at your discomfort it's at the quote above LOL !!!!

Without a complete laundering I think you did the best you could for the moment. I'm guessing your mum has probably already dealt with a more complete solution by now.

I'm one of seven children, my baby sister Maura was a bed wetter, and often after she wet her bed, she crawled into mine and wet mine too. I feel your pain!

Sorry Emily, :flwr:

I never saw anywhere in your post that it was the mattress, I thought, quite wrongly, that it was only the top covers like the blankets or duvet that you were talking about.... ;)

Poor old Mum hey!

Alison

I've had my bed "marked" quite heavily by a doggie visitor as well as a small tinkle by new pup Charlie. I can only highly recommend either a high quality or waterproof mattress cover. It won't save your sheets but it will stop the pee from seeping through to the mattress and leave a lasting odor. I feel your pain!

cavalicious said:
This is the same bed I've had since I was 3, so let me tell you it's not the first time it's been peed on. Any ideas on getting the smell out?
I've never laughed so hard! That was priceless! a bottle of enzyme cleaner poured comes it mind and a good 2 days to dry out after! :D

I had that happen to me too, it's awful! Fortunately my mattress didn't get wet, just the comforter.

Might be time for a new mattress :lol: Sorry, shouldn't laugh but I was thinking "these guys don't know what a real pee in the bed is like".

My Scarlett the Boxer, given the opportunity has on 2 occasions peed on my bed when she was in season. She doesn't sleep on it, nor does she normally get on the bed. It was a girly thing... go figure! Anyway, the volume of a Boxer pee is like about a half litre (that's almost 1 pint). :yikes

Fortunately on both occasions it was winter & I had a heavy & thick doona on the bed, so I scooped it up really fast & ran to the laundry with it.

But seriously, can you ever sleep on that bed knowing there is puppy pee under you? :badgrin:

Oh and back a long time when I had my first Boxer puppy (I was a teenager at the time), I'd dropped my pillow off the bed during the night. I woke up all bleary eyed and looked at my pillow and though "what is that mountain on my pillow". It was the hugest, highest crap I had ever seen in my life, and it came out of this little puppy.

Ok so most nights animals(3 cats and oliver) are not aloud sleeping in my room but when no one else is hopme and things are quiet..i tend to leave my door open..oliver lies on my floor and the cats on my bed.

However, i forgot that my sisters cat is clinicly insanin.

i went to sleep and in hte morning he was going nuts, i was trying ot sleep so i ignored him.. Big MISTAKE

the bloody cat peed so much on my bed that it soaked threw two comforters and my sheets, i woke up in cat pee!!
thats the most disgusting thing ive ever heard.

we used some pet accident cleaner upper for hte matress, the sheets went in the wash and the comforters to the dry cleaners.

My bedroom in Florida is brand new. New furniture, new expensive bedspread with at least eight pillows custom made to match the spread.
In order to be proactive with a brand new puppy sleeping with us I bought this mattress cover that supposedly guaranteed no liquid could get through. I also bought a fairly cheap duvet.
Each night I fold down the expensive spread. Put the pillows on my chaise lounge, take out the duvet from the linen closet and place it over the sheets making sure to cover the folded down spread! It's quite an operation let me tell you!
Anyway, Maddy has peed on the duvet twice! I put enzymatic cleaner on it which turned the stain even yellower on a white duvet! I can buy a cheap duvet cover to hide that. Both times were early on in training.
When she needs to go in the middle of the night she licks you and licks you until you wake up.
The other night I wasn't there and my husband wouldn't wake up to the licking. He sleeps a lot heavier than I do. She jumped off the bed (not good) and sat by the side and started barking. She hardly ever barks.
So I do think she knows and has the right ideas. Hopefully the duvet peeing won't happen again now that she is older.
Another time, I was changing the sheets in the guest room and had thrown the bedding on the floor and she climbed right on top of the bedding and peed on that!
Emily, you are not alone!
Pam

Back