Thread: Tess a tri female in Virginia

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tess a tri female in Virginia

OBG in Virginia just posted another cavalier. Tess is a sweet tri girl who is looking for a foster or forever home. Although it says contact her foster family, she is listed with the dogs needing to be fostered. Butch is also still available.

http://www.cockerspanielrescue.com/dogs/dogsfoster.php
    Molly and Murphy (tri), Katie (ruby), Casey (B/T),Spike the wonder pup (tri), Suzie (tri) and Penny (blen)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Really

I emailed Sunday and was told that Butch was no longer available. I emailed Sunday night (Tess was posted that day) and was told that she was pending a home visit too.

I would so love to adopt Tess. She's the right age, color, and within 2 hours drive of me. Why would this rescue not give me the opportunity to apply??? Urgh!
    Carlie, David, & Isabelle (10 month old blenheim ruler of the house)

Post Thanks / Like

Ruby and Sydney here,

Talked to OBG and was told the two dogs they picked up Saturday afternoon both have home visits scheduled and potential adoptive parents. It would appear that the Cavalier is becoming more and more popular and there were so many people at the Pet Expo that expressed an interest in the Cavaliers they didn't have any problem getting them homes.

We are glad there are organizations like OBG to help our unfortunate Cavalier cousins but our growing popularity, as indicated by all the interest expressed about Cavaliers at the Pet Expo, may unfortunately only lead to more need for organizations like this. As Cavaliers become more and more popular it only encourages more and more very bad humans, who don't truly love us and whose only motivation is money, to breed us and even dump us like they did Butch and Tess, etc. Mom and Dad will keep trying to help where they can, we just hope there will be less need to help.

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia

Post Thanks / Like

Izzy Bell's Mom and Sydney and Ruby: thanks so much for trying to help these little guys. Sydney and Ruby are so right. The more popular these dogs get, the more that will wind up in rescue. Sad for the breed when they get popular.
    Molly and Murphy (tri), Katie (ruby), Casey (B/T),Spike the wonder pup (tri), Suzie (tri) and Penny (blen)