Thread: A Tri and a B/T in Virginia

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Tri and a B/T in Virginia

There are 2 cavaliers in kennels awaiting foster or forever homes.

Can anyone in the Virginia/washington area help these two? You can review the individual dogs by clicking on them.

http://www.cockerspanielrescue.com/dogs/dogsfoster.php
    Molly and Murphy (tri), Katie (ruby), Casey (B/T),Spike the wonder pup (tri), Suzie (tri) and Penny (blen)

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Sonya found a home but Butch, the B/T is still in a kennel waiting for a foster or forever home!
    Molly and Murphy (tri), Katie (ruby), Casey (B/T),Spike the wonder pup (tri), Suzie (tri) and Penny (blen)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Butch

I emailed about meeting Butch as I live in VA and am hoping to add another Cav to my family before June. It seems that he has a family who'll be adopting him so long as their scheduled home visit goes well.
    Carlie, David, & Isabelle (10 month old blenheim ruler of the house)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another One

This same rescue has another Cavalier- posted today- also with an application. Does anyone know the people who run this resue, or any more information?
    Carlie, David, & Isabelle (10 month old blenheim ruler of the house)

Post Thanks / Like

Mommy Bell- they are a great rescue. OBG has been around at least 7 or 8 years and actually the first rescue (other than a shelter) I'd ever heard of. It says the Cavaliers were found abandoned along with one of the cockers they have.
    Spencer and his mom, Whitney

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They look like a great rescue -- really give time and space to older and special needs dogs.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Awww look at all those cute doggies. I hope they all find loving homes soon
    Jasmine, mommy to Ellie (tri girl), Griffin, Hunter, & Dexter (kitties)

Ellie is here!!!!

http://elliethecavalier.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I had some dealings with OBG Cocker Spaniel Resuce a couple years ago when we were looking for a small dog. We ended up getting Buddy, our Blenheim CKCS, directly from a breeder, but we considered rescue and look at Cavaliers and at Cocker Spaniels. From my investigation OBG Cocker Spaniel Rescue was one of the rescues in my area (albeit 350 miles away) with not just a good but an excellent reputation. I actually inquired about several of their dogs and was impressed by the thoughtfulness of their fosters. One of the other things I like about them is that they will take dogs that are not Cockers that someone might have mistaken for a cocker and help those dogs along their way as well.
    Phyllis in West Virginia USA with two Clumbers and a Cavalier Named Buddy

Post Thanks / Like

Ruby and Sydney here,

What a coincidence. Mom and Dad took us to a Pet Expo this last weekend here in Virginia and this rescue group, OBG, had an information booth. Since it involved Cocker Spaniels, Mom and Dad didn't pay much attention until they came out and introduced themselves. They said Sydney looked a lot like a Cavalier they just adopted out. They also said they were going to pick up two more Cavaliers that afternoon (Saturday). Mom and Dad gave them their names and phone numbers and offered to help place them or even foster them if needed. Not sure what the status is as of today, but we'll try to keep everyone informed. If any of you know of Cavaliers needing rescue here in Virginia, drop Ruby and I a note and our Mom and Dad will help.

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia