Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hide and seek.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We've always done this in woodlands with our Cavaliers - making it very easy to start with, and then harder for them to find you - it's a brilliant exercise for teaching them to always be aware of where you are and to come and find you, rather than the other way around.

Since he's been feeling better, TedBear runs around all over the place, but he ALWAYS knows where I am, I've tested him quite often and either walked on from where he last saw me, or hidden - he finds me immediately.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by *Pauline*
    I agree about keeping up the training with recall. It's a shame you can't find anything to hide behind in your class as this really is a different lesson. You can do it at home though as Laura and Natalie mentioned. I'd give Kodee credit where it's due, it is a lot to do with bonding and obedience. Well done Kodee
    Our trainer suggested taking your dogs to a neighbours backyard where everything is new and calling them or a tennies court or kindergarten fenced play area to practice. Now that the nice weather is here and finally her shots are done plus the 2 wks wait... I AM FREE TO TAKE HER TO PARKS and look for places to practice!