• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Grace starts obedience training

Karen S.

01-02-2007065535PM.jpg

Grace will be starting obedience class Tuesday. :D She can already sit, and heel on leash. We are a little nervous about meeting new dog friends but can't wait to teach her new things. Wish us luck! :xfngr:

Hey Karen, how old is Grace? Can you post up some progress notes once she has started. I have never taken any of mine to obedience before. I've always just done my own thing, but I am going to take Beau when he has completed all his shots. I just don't know what to expect, whether I will be bored, think I know it all, or realise I have made a lifeime of mistakes and that I am a clutz. So keep us posted eh?

:flwr:

Good Luck Grace!!!

Lucky is doing Intermediate classes and having a blast. You and Grace will have a great time!!

Grace

Hi, Grace is 14 months old. She's a little firecracker! We felt like she needed some serious training. Our 4 other Cavaliers have just been trained at home except Willow and he says I'm just not gonna do it and goes to sleep.
I have experience training a Belgian Tervuren. I do show him in obedience and we think Grace will be able to compete also. She is just a little shy around new dogs. Plus she gets a little car sick and we have to drive 30 miles to the training center.
I will keep you posted with photos and news of how she does. It's a lot of fun to see the light bulb go off in their heads when they finally understand what they are doing. :p
We train with praise and reward. Grace just can't wait to get those treats and we try to make sure they are healthy treats. cl*p

Training

Grace's first class was last night. She did wonderful. My daughter, Rebecca is handling her and they were heeling, sitting and sit staying before the class was over.
Others in the class are a Blue Heeler, Bichon, Jack Russell, Westie/Maltese, and a Weimaraner. Grace was placed between the 2 larger dogs and it didn't bother her a bit. It must be because she is so used to our Tervuren.
All in all it was a very good night. Fun class!
I will post pictures later but I don't have a digital so we'll have to do it the old fashion way.

Can't wait to see the pictures, and thanks for keeping us updated. I am following with interest. :snap:

Training

No training was held last night due to severe thurderstorms, hail, tornadoes in area. Our instructor felt we should all stay safely at home.
All is well, so on to next week!

Training

We are into week 5 of training. Grace is heeling on leash, sitting and downing on command. She is starting to learn recall. She is doing great!

Great news. Sounds like you are both having fun. :D I am starting Beau in puppy obedience the first week of May & am looking forward to that too.

Way to go Grace!!! You are making your mom proud!!

:dgwlk:
(of course Grace is healing, not leading ...)

Training

Training continues to go well. Grace worked the pylons Tuesday. She wagged her tail the whole way while looking at Becky. She seemed to be smiling and saying "Look at Me!" She was just so cute.
I am taking pictures and they will be posted in a couple of weeks as soon as I get the roll finished and developed. I'm not digital yet.

Grace

Grace finishes obedience tonight. Here are some not so good pictures of her and Becky. We'll post her placement tonight.

05-14-2007022934PM.jpg

Grace and Becky

05-14-2007023033PM.jpg

Working on downs stays

05-14-2007023115PM.jpg

Another sit

05-14-2007023151PM.jpg

Working on downs

Grace

Grace did it. She graduated obedience training tonight. She had the 2nd highest score in class!!!!!

:rah: :rah: :rah: Yippee!!!:rah: :rah: :rah:

Way to go Grace!!! What a smart girl you are! :dogwlk:

Back