Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EUREKA! Finally something that gets rid of the tear staining

Post Thanks / Like

maggie's 12 weeks! we just got her four days ago! actually i don't see that many cavaliers in my neighborhood... i live in a pretty busy part of the city... but we are moving to a more residential part in two weeks where there are alot more dogs! cavaliers too i'm sure! nyc is a very dog-friendly city... hope you have fun next time you come up!!
    -merdie-
    momma to maggie, born 01.01.07

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to check in to say that I've been giving my two Angels' Eyes for two weeks now, and this stuff really does work--I already see a difference. I actually saw a difference after just the first week. Even though it's quite obscenely expensive, I have to recommend it. Milly used to have a lot of tearing and staining, with really horrid dark circles under her eyes that were very hard to clean up. Now, she still tears but it seems to just dry up and doesn't leave the staining and gunk that used to be there. She also used to have some staining on the side of her mouth, and this too seems to have improved.

I did read somewhere that the amount they have you put in their food once a day (1 tsp for dogs this size) is really more than they need, and I have already started to cut back to a half tsp. to see if that sustains this improvement (if it doesn't, I'll go back up again). After three months you cut back to four times a week and then after six months to just once a week, so the high cost is mostly in this start-up phase.

I was also wary of using something systemic like this, but I haven't been able to find any indication anywhere, so far, that this can be harmful to them.

Many thanks to Darby's Mom!!!
    - Pat

Mom to Pepper, Ruby boy (b. 5/10/05), and Milly, Blenheim girl (b. 3/3/06)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip. Thankfully that is not a problem I have but I am always looking for show tips and I am sure eventually I will show a Cavalier that has the problem.

Post Thanks / Like

another great one i have used is a compound made from fullers earth low grade boric and optrex all mixed into a paste .....i appled it for 3 days and the pink was gone

even better it cost pennies to make up
    Cavaliers are like chocolate the more you see the more you want