• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lia on her bike!!

Laura&Lia

This days Victor and I were wondering how we could transport Lia to her puppy classes (she starts april 14th, and here you can't go with pets in the underground, train or buses)

Yesterday we found the solution. She will go on bike, in her cage! (is a folding bike, is because that the wheels are so tiny!)

435557388_8703040797.jpg

Harry's mom said:
that really doesn't look safe to me :?

How about one of those baskets to go on the front or a type of backpack??

Actually you've got a point there - probably could do with a bit more support ;)

I rgularly took my dogs on my bike in this way -- a basket is very unsafe because a dog can either jump out of it or if tettehred, jump out and end up hanging or going into the spokes.

You can buy special bike transporters though.

I used three stretch cords (bungie cords) so that just in case one came loose, it didn;t risk the crate tipping. A good way to anchor a crate firmly is to put two cords around the seatpost and over the crate then to the bike rack, then one from side to side. It looks like one of the cords is going around the seatpost; I'd add a second one as your safety cord.

It's an easy and safe way to transport by bike! :) I didn;t own a car for the first year I had Leo and jaspar and we went everywhere by bicycle and crate.

Here's a pic:

7427094_4b4e25d3c4.jpg

When I was in Tokyo I took this picture of a bike designed for carrying up to two dogs (in that centre trough!).

19071513_00fb25d356.jpg

I love this! I wish people here in the states (well, georgia) used alternative transportation more often. or at least supported it. I would be killed if I road my bike her in the city!

I know it looks unsafe, but is very safe indeed!

I have to make a lot of pressure to put tha cage in that position! I can assure you that is safe, but I know that in a pic it looks unsafe...! :flwr:

A lot safer too than dogs loose in a car... or an unrestrained crate in a car. (y)

You could not budge my crate either -- it cannot be tipped at all. I regularly took the dogs to the park, the vet and over to friends this way. But three won't fit in that crate now! :lol:

H'mmm. Interesting... that might be worth investigating for my pair. Does the weight of a medium crate not upset your balance on the bike, Karlin? That would worry me- if the bike is at all unstable, or if the rider feels unstable... I have a tendency to pass out if I fall off a bike (or the bike falls over...) and would worry about the dogs being hurt/and or escaping.

I bet Lia is the envy of all her puppy school friends ;)

I saw a cavalier in a front basket once, yeah I know not too safe, but a pretty awesome site! :p

How about one of those kiddie trailers that can be attached to the back of the bike? Bet you can get the doggie type, considering you can get pushchairs.

Back