• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Charlie has his first bully stick last night...

Lenee

and Mommy almost barfed. I know these things are supposed to be a delicacy for dogs but I honestly don't know if I have ever smelled anything so revolting. Charlie went crazy for it and chewed with his sharp little puppy teeth for hours. And like all his other treats he wanted to chew it on my lap and lick me often to say, "Thanks, Mom!"

Do all bully sticks smell like this? Does anyone know where I can get some that will make the whole family happy? Many thanks.

Aww, Charlie wants to share with him mum, isn't that sweet :lol:
Sort of know what you mean, don't even know if we can get them in Uk but when I had my goldie he used to like pigs ears and I couldn't stand the smell, never got him anymore. yuk

You can get them in the UK. There's a guy that sells treats at UK dog shows -- he also comes over for the bigger Irish shows -- and I bought 5 kg of them from him (but had to listen to 10 minutes of ribald jokes -- a friend commented that he was 'the Baldrick of dog treats' :lol:)! You can also get them in packs of thre from Lidl, called Pizzle Sticks (pink packaging) in their mixed dog treats section.

I also highly recommend these treats in the UK:

http://www.fish4dogs.com/cms/default.aspx

Mine LOVE these -- fish rolls and fish jerky. Really crunchy, not smelly, very healthy. Plus they do a whole range of great food, salmon oils, etc -- I am very interested in trying their dog and cat food.

I honestly don't know if I have ever smelled anything so revolting

I know what you mean. I got the pizzle sticks from Lidl that Karlin was talking about and they stink :grnyuk:

I never bought them again. My lot will just have to do with their rawhide chews for now :p

our PETS CORNER sells them but i dont know if they smell or not, i think they were called pizzle sticks. i wanted to try them too but got something else instead that smelled like poo so got put off :yuk: i wonder if these pizzle sticks are the non smelling ones...anyone over here buy from them? :flwr:

OMG! call me naive.... i've never owned a dog before, so i had no idea what a bully stick is, until NOW :shock:

I'm disgusted just knowing what they are now.... PLUS to hear that they are stinky too??? ewwwwww..... :yuk:

hahahha!!! well, if your dogs go crazy for 'em, i might just have to buy Maggie some....

oh man, what we do to please our pups :D

oh man, what we do to please our pups

Uh, yeah. I'm willing to touch all kinds of nasty things for that puppy. And he eats better than my husband and I do... The bully stick smell wouldn't be so bad if Cavalier's weren't such lap dogs.

Ewwwww!!!!! When I first heard whawt bully sticks were I just about puked right then and there. :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: Whyyyy doggies consider this a delicacy, I have no idea! My rule is going to be ... bully sticks are an OUTSIDE treat!! ;)

Oh but mom they are so good, and I am just so wittle.

They don't bother me at all.
Keeps them busy for hours, she will eventually chew it on the floor.

Just throw an old blanket down and train her to chew it on that. :D :D :D :D

Trust me...you think their breath stinks afterwards wait until they release a SBD Bomb....otherwise known as the dreaded....

SILENT BUT DEADLY BOMB :yikes

so i just googled bully sticks and found out what they are :yuk: :yuk:
dogs are so silly. i can relate--i bought indy some all natural dried tripe with no preservatives blah blah from aldi. it was his first time having tripe and the package made it sound so wholesome that i was completely unprepared for the stench that came out of the bag. especially when i opened it so close to my face----curiosity nearly killed the cat. :yikes

i'm ashamed to say that as the stench filled the room i gave in and actually took the tripe away from indy and traded him for boring old kibble in a kong. i just couldn't hold out.

k

Back