Thread: puppy teeth

Post Thanks / Like

Default puppy teeth

my puppy is almost 7 months old and she still has some of her puppy teeth. Her new teeth are coming thru and 1 is coming out right beside the other. Is there concern here ?

Post Thanks / Like

Has she been spayed yet?
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

i think that its normal lady has the same thing there called shark teeth the front tooth has been like it for a couple of weeks the adult ones nearly out but the baby tooth still wont come loose. We have been giving her loads to chew on but it's stilll not moving. I remember a thread ages ago about how much chewing is need to move a tooth to come loose can anyone remember how long it takes?
    Natalie, mummy to lady (blen) 8 months old

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: puppy teeth

Quote Originally Posted by jewel
    my puppy is almost 7 months old and she still has some of her puppy teeth. Her new teeth are coming thru and 1 is coming out right beside the other. Is there concern here ?

I wiggle until they are loose. You can also encourage rag bones, nylabones, or flossies to help loosen. As long as the teeth aren't causing alignment issues or gum damage-- I wiggle

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the advice... this little girl loves her nylabones, kongs and toys... she is definately a chewer but she knows what she can chew and what she can't... she has not been spayed yet... we didn't want to have to run back to the vet for something that would happen naturally...

Post Thanks / Like

If her teeth don't come out by wiggling/nylabones etc and if they are not going to fall out on their own your vet will likely pull them during the spay surgery.
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

Dylan was the same and his double teeth looked like they would never come out but they did in the end. Don't worry, give it time amd plenty of chews.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'