• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

greenies

coconut

Freddie can no longer eat greenies as they have being making the poor lil guy sick, he will be so disappointed to not be getting any as he loves them! :(

Some dogs get the runs or have other problems with various treats. Lily can eat Greenies but cannot go near Booda Bones, Nylabone edibles, pig ears etc -- they give her horrendous runs. :shock: Leo can't eat Nylabone Edibles either for the same reason. Yet most dogs really enjoy these!

One of my favourite treats remains the flat rectangles of rawhide made in Argentina that you can get at Petstop. Because they are thinks and flat chunks don't come off them and the dogs really just gnaw on them. They all like them. No smell either on the plain ones (not the flavoured ones).

mmm i wondered what i could give to j to chew that didnt disapear in seconds. he has wilkinsons own brand dental chews that actually firm his poos :D but only half at a time and that doesnt last long. loves his dental nylabone but does get the runs on other edible stuff like pigs ears and rawhide. is it the content or because they chew so long like chewing gum that nothing much goes down but juice!!?? i wanted to try him on something that he could really chew on that didnt give him the runs :yuk:

Karlin said:
One of my favourite treats remains the flat rectangles of rawhide made in Argentina that you can get at Petstop. Because they are thinks and flat chunks don't come off them and the dogs really just gnaw on them. They all like them. No smell either on the plain ones (not the flavoured ones).

Me too. I always look for thick squares or rectangles so that they last forever and actually eat very little of it. Last time I was in a PetCo their "cookie buffet," where you bag up your own individual treats, included some good looking, thick ones and so we hand selected a bunch. Here, sometimes the pre-packaged rawhides are just too thin and the dogs are able to quickly soften them up and start pulling pieces off. I have some durable nylabones around, but the dogs realy like the rawhides better.

When all of the problems arose about greenies before they reformulated I had to stop feeding them. Talk about trauma!! The guys were used to getting one after dinner. I substituted a piece of apple...and don't think they noticed!

For those who order from sitstay.com I love the Merrick Texas Thick Chips. They last and both of the dogs enjoy them and don't get upset tummies.

Back