Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lump on leg/hip

Post Thanks / Like

Default lump on leg/hip

So I just noticed a small lump on Paddens leg/hip area last night. I pushed around on it and its under the skin but it didn't seem to cause her any pain. We're calling the vet to see if we need to bring her in asap or if we could hold off a week and see if it goes away.

She's only 5 months so hopefully its nothing life threatening. I am wondering if it could be scar tissue or something from her shots as they were all given down in that area.

Anyone found anything similar on their pups? Should I be concerned?
    It made me sick to my stomach last night finding it....

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't worry. It's just unsual to find lumps/bumps especially after a vaccination. Could very easily be from the vaccine. Shelby had a lump on her neck....scared me to death since Jake had had carcinoma in his mouth....vet aspirated it and said it was just a benign bump. It went away on its own.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

so should i just watch it and see what happens? Or should I have the vet aspirate it and double check it?

She had her vaccinations about 2-3 weeks ago and I just noticed the bump.

Not sure what carcinoma is, but how did you know Jake had it in his mouth. Was it a lump in his mouth?

If I worry this much about my dog I am going to be a wreck one day when I have children!

Post Thanks / Like

Carcinoma is a cancerous growth.

Post Thanks / Like

just from personal experience I noticed both Kosmo and Faith's "rabies bumps" took a few weeks to go away. If you are that concerned I would call the vet - I am not sure what the normal time frame for "shot bumps" is to stick around but I know mine had it for a at least a few weeks
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

It took our boy 5 months for his lump to go away. It was his Rabies shot that did it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your comments... I'm feeling way more at ease now!

I'm sure its her rabies bump then because that was her most recent shot!
    I'll just watch it and if it doesn't go away in the next month or so I'll talk to her vet when she goes in to get spayed.

Post Thanks / Like

If I worry this much about my dog I am going to be a wreck one day when I have children!
    i worry about that a lot myself----i sometimes check indy at night to see if he is breathing

i'm sure padden is fine---maybe you could phone the vet just to ease your worries but it definately sounds like a rabies lump, especially as padden has had several vaccinations recently. our own muscles will make lumps if they experience trauma and it's most likely that's what it is.

k
    Mom of Indiana Jones 'Indy' (Ruby male)

Post Thanks / Like

i sometimes check indy at night to see if he is breathing
    I do the same thing with padden! Sometimes I can't feel her breath so I have to watch and see if her belly moves. I do the same thing when I'm watching my baby nephew and he's napping longer than usual.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL I've done the "check to see if he's breathing" thing too. Poor Tucker, I always end up waking him up when I do it. It's just that he usually snores at least a little and when he's sleeping silently it's unusual.
    Mum to Tucker, born May 14, 2005