Post Thanks / Like

Default Epupz

Yet another one that is up for re-homing because of" Moving"

[site link deleted by Karlin for reasons below]

She's been used for breeding and is obviously no longer needed
    No idea where this location is!
    Can anyone help?
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Ceredigion is Cardigan, South/SW Wales.

I saw this ad earlier today ... I hope I'm not speaking out of turn, but generally many many ex puppy farm dogs come out of that area of Wales (just check out other epupz ads).

I'm not saying this bitch is one of them, but I'm willing to bet her nipples are almost on the floor.

I hope someone local to her can help her .... if she's not spayed, she may well end up somewhere very unpleasant indeed.

Is there anyone "local" in S Wales that can make enquiries?

Post Thanks / Like

sorry its not a re-home its a sale .....£100
    Cavaliers are like chocolate the more you see the more you want

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by inca
    sorry its not a re-home its a sale .....£100
    to be brutally honest, it depends how much a bitch's life is worth.

For me, (if I had the money spare), £100 would be a small price to pay to stop this dog getting into the wrong hands. If she is unspayed, I would almost guarantee she will end up in a bad environment.

Sometimes rescues have to pay a release fee to the pounds or shelters, in order to save a dog's life. In a way, this is no different. This is why all the rescues are constantly fundraising.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

First and separate from this particular dog, I just want to remind people that EPupz (and similar dog small-ad websites) is not where anyone should start if they are looking for a quality, healthy puppy as such sites draw plenty of brokers and backyard breeders selling puppies with absolutely no concern for health, temperament or breed conformation. Contact the appropriate breed club within the Kennel Club and get the name of the puppy contact person within the club, to find a reputable breeder.

Then as always, do your research on the breed, know the health issues, know what the breeder should be testing for, ask to see the clearances, check out the person's reputation, make sure the puppies are registered with a recognised breed club and not one of the bogus registries.

Regarding this case:

I don't allow dogs that are for sale to be posted. If they are offered free to good home that is fine, or are in any rescue related situation.

If people see a dog for sale that they feel someone might wish to take out of a potentially bad situation, please ask any interested people to contact you directly for a link. Or consider contacting the person to find out the context for the dog first and then talk to them about taking the dog for rescue.

Remember it is potentially libellous to make and post assumptions about where a dog may be coming from (there is a lot of info on this topic in the Getting Started section. I know because we get to know each other it is easy to think of this site as being more like a room where friends gather to talk but it is actually a place of publication and posting to a public site carries full defamation and libel responsibilities.

For those reasons I have removed the original link but people should be able to track down any available cavaliers on the site.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just getting a bit over enthusiastic sorry.
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrac
    Just getting a bit over enthusiastic sorry.
    me too - sorry, Karlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No problem; I know people forget that anyone can read the board. But I do hope someone might make a call and talk to the person and see whether they might be able to get this one into rescue. Sometimes they list a price but are willing to home to rescue, especially if they don't get any buyer response.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com