• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

We got broken into...

Oh my gosh, that is just horrible, and then to start a new job on top of it all. I am so relieved that your dogs are OK tho, that is my biggest worry, that someone would harm, or take, my pets. Makes me so nervous when I'm not home. I hope the police can find out who did it and perhaps recover your belongings for you. A friend of mine had his home broken into, and it took a while, but they caught the people and got back a few of his items.

I'm so sorry this has happened Claire. It's a horrible feeling to know someone else was in your home. Hopefully you will feel safer once your alarm goes in.

I'm glad no one was hurt and I hope your new job is going well for you today :flwr:

We now have an aweful culture where those who don't have (in many cases because they can't be bothered to work) decide that others won't have either.

We haven't had a break in (some lads tried the garage , to get David's motorbikes, but only managed to break off the door handle ), but my last car was deliberately bashed in at the back, the windows smashed and the panels badly dented (David heard and caught them, but they didn't care and carried on). I felt that that car was soiled and didn't want to drive it again. It's the invasion of your private space, this to include possessions , that hurts. It's like a physical assault.

That is terrible and I am sorry to hear it happened. The world can do without low-lifes like that & I hope they get what they deserve... which if I was the Divine Intervener would be pretty harsh. :x

Claire,

Big hugs to all, be thanksful that you are all well and have not been harmed. You still have your memories, they can never be stolen :flwr:

I'm so sorry this happened. I can only imagine how angry you are. My car was stolen right from my front yard while i was sleeping in the house!!!
I was so mad I wanted the S.O.B's castrated. You work hard for things and what gives some else the right to touch them. Plus sentimental value.

Sara made an excellent comment about checking with the local pawn shop. My brother's brother-in-law is a drug addict criminal and he stole CD's , jewely and hummel figures from them and they found them at the local pawn shop.

Good Luck. I'm glad everyone is safe.

that's terrible hopefully you might be able to find your belonging have you thought about checking e bay or local markets as well as the pawn shops to find your belonging. How did your first day in your new job go? Hugs from me and lady.

:hug: Claire :hug: I know it's not much consolation but at least you and hubby are OK and they didn't touch or take the most precious furbabies.

Hope they catch whoever is responsible and that your nerves are OK :hug:

Claire, so sorry this has happened to you. :hug: So glad your boys are fine and unharmed, though!

PLEASE WATCH EBAY FOR YOUR ITEMS - I recently read that stolen articles are sometimes recovered when someone tries to sell them on eBay.

If you need help watching eBay (since your laptop was stolen) please PM me.

oh claire i'm sorry that's horrible and very very scary! thank god you are all okay :hug:

i hope you can recover some of your items. i've been very lucky never to have been broken into, but i can imagine it's infuriating and frightening at the same time.
:(

k

Back