Thread: Thanks for the support

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the support

A quick and heartfet thank-you to everyone who wrote to me privately and on this board. It turns out that our puppy has moderate hyrocephalus , some brain atrophy in the temporal lobes and spinal malformation but no synrix, thus the diagnosis of SM is on "hold". Our vet feels this falls under the SM umbrella, but since ruling SM in or out is a matter of ongoing changes in opinions, and the results are sadly the same in the case of moderate hydrocephalus in a pup this young, I suppose it doesn't matter what we call it.

Thankfully, medication works really well for her. Her quality of life has improved vastly and she's out of the miserable pain she experienced. Appetite is good too - a first in many months. No scracthing, screaming or cying - just a happy, playful pup.

Thanks again for the help you've given me at a difficult time. Sending many belly-rubs to your Cavaliers,
    Monica Segal - AHCW
    http://www.monicasegal.com
    Author of: "K9Kitchen" and "Optimal Nutrition"
    Seminars by Invitation: Email monica@monicasegal.com
    Consultations ~ Diet Analyses ~ Quality-Tested Supplements

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad the diagnosis is a little better than expected. And most of all that your pup is feeling better--it's so hard to seem them sickly.

I hope she continues to improve!!
    Denise, Wrigley (Golden-5 Yrs.) and
    Mia Bella (Cavalier-2 Yrs.)

Post Thanks / Like

Monica - so glad she's feeling better and you are better able to manage her condition. Thinking of you!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Monica, I am so glad you have a diagnosis and more importantly, have found medications that are giving her relief from her discomfort. We have some other people here with experience of hydrocephalus -- so hope they might be able to offer some ongoing support and insight.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you for the update Monica - so sorry to hear of your wee one's diagnosis though

It's good that the pain meds are keeping it under control and that she's eating again - I'm sure that it does have an effect on their appetite, TedBear is never a great eater but is much worse when he's not feeling too good with the Syringo

TedBear has some hydrocephalus too.

Please keep us posted as to how your pup is doing - we're all here for you.

Gentle hugs to your girlies
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org