• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Thanks for the support

Zoecass

A quick and heartfet thank-you to everyone who wrote to me privately and on this board. It turns out that our puppy has moderate hyrocephalus , some brain atrophy in the temporal lobes and spinal malformation but no synrix, thus the diagnosis of SM is on "hold". Our vet feels this falls under the SM umbrella, but since ruling SM in or out is a matter of ongoing changes in opinions, and the results are sadly the same in the case of moderate hydrocephalus in a pup this young, I suppose it doesn't matter what we call it.

Thankfully, medication works really well for her. Her quality of life has improved vastly and she's out of the miserable pain she experienced. Appetite is good too - a first in many months. No scracthing, screaming or cying - just a happy, playful pup.

Thanks again for the help you've given me at a difficult time. Sending many belly-rubs to your Cavaliers,

I'm glad the diagnosis is a little better than expected. And most of all that your pup is feeling better--it's so hard to seem them sickly.

I hope she continues to improve!! :flwr:

Monica - so glad she's feeling better and you are better able to manage her condition. Thinking of you!!

Monica, I am so glad you have a diagnosis and more importantly, have found medications that are giving her relief from her discomfort. We have some other people here with experience of hydrocephalus -- so hope they might be able to offer some ongoing support and insight.

Thank you for the update Monica - so sorry to hear of your wee one's diagnosis though :(

It's good that the pain meds are keeping it under control and that she's eating again - I'm sure that it does have an effect on their appetite, TedBear is never a great eater but is much worse when he's not feeling too good with the Syringo :(

TedBear has some hydrocephalus too.

Please keep us posted as to how your pup is doing - we're all here for you.

Gentle hugs to your girlies :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Back