Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sal Gal (update)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sal Gal (update)

Well it's been over a week now and having brought Sal to the vet he examined her and agreed that it would be best for her to be PTS. It was so hard to do from the moment I put her into the car for the short drive down to the vet's.
    She managed to scramble up onto the back seat of the car and spend the journey looking out all around her, there wasn't a peep out of her and of course I was blubbering all the way down. No one in the house would come with me which I kinda expected and when I got to the clinic, our very kind vet just kinda leaned against the counter and nodded sadly at me, he's been her vet for many years also and was very familiar with her various ailments. At this point I was sobbing openly, I couldn't speak to him or to the nurse on duty and poor Sal, she didn't have a clue, the nurse was patting her and she just sat there enjoying it.

I had to leave, I didn't want to stay at all, although he asked me if I wanted to or did I want to wait outside, but I just wanted to walk away and I did.

I cried all the way home, I almost turned back again, but I knew I'd be back there again in another week or so with her.

I thought I had prepared my daughter whose 10 for the prospect of Sally not returning from the vet's but obviously I hadn't done a good job of it for as soon as the car arrived in the driveway, she bounced out the front door and immediately opened the back door of the car, (to let Sal out), it immediately dawned on her what had happened and needless to say she was inconsolable. She cried and cried all that day and still is very tearful, as we all are.

The Rainbow Bridge poem goes a long way to lessening the loss whatever your religious beliefs are and we printed it out with a pic of Sal under it.

We will think of her fondly and in her younger days when she was so full of life and play. Run free Sal.XX

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry to read about Sal - bless her she was obviously very special.

It's so hard to say goodbye, but sometimes it's the kindest and bravest thing we can do.

I hope that the raw pain will ease soon, and you will be able to look back and remember the happier times.

Thinking of you
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Oh this is so hard. But remember that it is the circle of life and you did give her a wonderful life. It just hurts so much to let go.
    I wish you and your family peace.

Nancy
    Teddy and sweet, little Katydid

Post Thanks / Like

What a beauty! Run free!

Post Thanks / Like

Take comfort from the lovely, long, happy years that you had with your darling girl Sal and remember well all the happiness that you had together.

Time will ease your loss but your memories will always remain clear, you never forget, she will be with you always.

Tuck her quietly into your heart, she is at peace now.

Alison x

Post Thanks / Like

Hugs to you and your family at this time. It is the hardest thing to do and most loving gift you gave to Sal to be free of all her pain. She had a wonderful loving life with your family and may you always have happy memories of her.
    Molly and Murphy (tri), Katie (ruby), Casey (B/T),Spike the wonder pup (tri), Suzie (tri) and Penny (blen)

Post Thanks / Like

So Sorry.....Thinking of you

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry Sandra, I had been thinking of you and your family and wondering what decision had been made. Sal had so many wonderful years with you too; that makes it especially hard. But those memories are forever, and will eventually bring you great happiness to think over again, when the time is right.

I am glad you have your cavaliers for comfort at this difficult time.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry for your loss. Sweet memories of Sal.
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like

What a beautiful girl. I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing Sal's story with us, and especially her picture. My heart is with you and your family.
    ~not knowing how near the truth is,
    we seek it far away~