• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sal Gal (update)

sannie

Well it's been over a week now and having brought Sal to the vet he examined her and agreed that it would be best for her to be PTS. It was so hard to do from the moment I put her into the car for the short drive down to the vet's.
She managed to scramble up onto the back seat of the car and spend the journey looking out all around her, there wasn't a peep out of her and of course I was blubbering all the way down. No one in the house would come with me which I kinda expected and when I got to the clinic, our very kind vet just kinda leaned against the counter and nodded sadly at me, he's been her vet for many years also and was very familiar with her various ailments. At this point I was sobbing openly, I couldn't speak to him or to the nurse on duty and poor Sal, she didn't have a clue, the nurse was patting her and she just sat there enjoying it.

I had to leave, I didn't want to stay at all, although he asked me if I wanted to or did I want to wait outside, but I just wanted to walk away and I did.

I cried all the way home, I almost turned back again, but I knew I'd be back there again in another week or so with her.

I thought I had prepared my daughter whose 10 for the prospect of Sally not returning from the vet's but obviously I hadn't done a good job of it for as soon as the car arrived in the driveway, she bounced out the front door and immediately opened the back door of the car, (to let Sal out), it immediately dawned on her what had happened and needless to say she was inconsolable. She cried and cried all that day and still is very tearful, as we all are.

The Rainbow Bridge poem goes a long way to lessening the loss whatever your religious beliefs are and we printed it out with a pic of Sal under it.

We will think of her fondly and in her younger days when she was so full of life and play. Run free Sal.XX

442100730_3db5b5ec2c.jpg

I'm so sorry to read about Sal - bless her she was obviously very special.

It's so hard to say goodbye, but sometimes it's the kindest and bravest thing we can do.

I hope that the raw pain will ease soon, and you will be able to look back and remember the happier times.

Thinking of you :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Oh this is so hard. :( But remember that it is the circle of life and you did give her a wonderful life. :flwr: It just hurts so much to let go.
I wish you and your family peace.

Nancy
Teddy and sweet, little Katydid

Take comfort from the lovely, long, happy years that you had with your darling girl Sal and remember well all the happiness that you had together.

Time will ease your loss but your memories will always remain clear, you never forget, she will be with you always.

Tuck her quietly into your heart, she is at peace now.

Alison x

Hugs to you and your family at this time. It is the hardest thing to do and most loving gift you gave to Sal to be free of all her pain. She had a wonderful loving life with your family and may you always have happy memories of her.

I'm so sorry Sandra, I had been thinking of you and your family and wondering what decision had been made. Sal had so many wonderful years with you too; that makes it especially hard. But those memories are forever, and will eventually bring you great happiness to think over again, when the time is right.

I am glad you have your cavaliers for comfort at this difficult time. :flwr:

What a beautiful girl. I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing Sal's story with us, and especially her picture. My heart is with you and your family.

So sorry for your loss...it's a hard time but eventually, you'll start to remember the good times. :flwr:

Sal was a grand age. :flwr: :flwr:

Run free at the bridge beautiful girl *ng*l

Sannie, take time to grieve but also try and remember the wonderful times you had with your little one, there must have been many, I'm sure.

I think you did the kindest thing you could for her by setting her free from her pain.

Take care :flwr:

So sorry for your loss. Hope the many years of wonderful memories bring you comfort in this difficult time.

:hug:
hugs from me & Lucky

I'm so sorry. She was beautiful.

Don't feel bad about not staying. I did with one of my springers, Sally, but couldn't again. It was my big dread with Izzy, but he saved me by going by himself.

Forget the sick dog and remember the lively fun loving one. I'm banishing the greying, thin, poor coated Izzy and remembering the bright eyed, glossy coated little linty who came bounding up, tail wagging, with a retrieve in his mouth.

I am so sorry for your loss. She was beautiful. I guess they needed a very sweet, smart dog at the bridge to help the angels. God bless you all

Back